• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard

September Discobs 2020

My area got nailed earlier in the month from multiple training t-storms with a frontal passage. Flash flooding with 4"+. 

Most places on the central/upper shore are probably 4 - 5" for the month.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

The remnants of Beta behaving more like an Alpha here.

0.72" with another heavy shower rolling through.

Hopefully its about done. It would be nice to salvage some of the day.

From 430 AM to 630 AM. it really came down here. Really surprised by over .60 inch of rain.  Seems as the norm, dryness does not last long, at least in this area. Glad to hear you are going to retire the sprinkler. Farewell my good friend. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, frd said:

From 430 AM to 630 AM. it really came down here. Really surprised by over .60 inch of rain.  Seems as the norm, dryness does not last long, at least in this area. Glad to hear you are going to retire the sprinkler. Farewell my good friend. 

I was using it the past week to water my newly seeded areas, as it had not rained for a week. No need for that now.

57 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That's September lol.

Each of the last 3, if not 4 months have been significantly above normal.

Wow, that’s impressive.  You basically live on a bog now.

• Haha 1

The LWX radar is the "worst case" scenario - it's the bull-gear. They won't even be discussing next steps until a joint meeting on Monday. Thereafter it looks like the radar is going to be down for a minimum of a week - but likely longer. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wow, that’s impressive.  You basically live on a bog now.

Well I do have a seasonal wetland on the back part of my property, but it is only wet when the water table breaks the surface in late winter and Spring.

Otherwise my property is high and dry. With shorter days and cooler temps, the soil stays pretty moist, which is always a battle here during the summer no matter how much it rains.

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest Euro is further east with the mid week  low then 0z ...and takes the rain for mby with it . I95 and eastern shore do well ( that's a surprise :D)

Man I hope not. I don't want to drown the new grass. I wish I could will it in your direction. Plenty of time though.

12z GFS has the heavier rain for the lower eastern shore/southern DE, but still an inch+ NW of there and into your area.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Man I hope not. I don't want to drown the new grass. I wish I could will it in your direction. Plenty of time though.

12z GFS has the heavier rain for the lower eastern shore/southern DE, but still an inch+ NW of there and into your area.

I'll get this drought out of the way in time for the November through March frozen qpf train:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It’s been about 3 weeks since we’ve had any measurable rain out here. Basically all of the 0.9” fell the first few days of the month. 

Same here but less lol. The good thing is with those 3 frosts in a row I might have the earliest last grass cut ever ...and by a couple weeks probably.  Between the frost and super dry conditions.  I'll be gasing up the snow blower soon . Wait a minute. ...I don't have one . Oiling up the and sharpening the shovels .

• Like 2

Looks like a legit heavy rain threat for much of the region this week, with both the GFS and Euro digging the UL energy and slowing the front.

gfs_z500_vort_us_14.png

WPC has the area in a slight risk for excessive rain day 3.

From Mount Holly-

Hazards: The longer the front stalls or at least slows, the longer our region will be in southerly return flow (resulting in low level moisture advection). Consequently, precipitable water values of 1.5 to 2 inches will be possible, especially over the coastal plains. The 90th percentile of pwat at IAD for late September is about 1.5 inches, so needless to say if this happens, pwats will be well above normal. Additionally the warm cloud layer will likely be very deep for late September. Also, low and mid level flow could be close to parallel of the front, which could increase the threat for training storms/showers. Therefore, will mention the potential for heavy rain in the HWO. However, have chosen to hold off on a flash flood watch at this point given the poor run to run consistency we have seen so far, especially with the timing of the front (timing will be key to the threat for heavy rain).

8 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I hope the heaviest rain somehow eludes my yard. I really don't want it.

NW of I-95 is long overdue.

If this can track far enough NW,@losetoa6 may be able to score a full TWO hundredths of an inch of rain.

That's right. Not even one hundredth, but TWO. :weenie:

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Didn’t expect rain last night but had almost another 0.1”. Not looking good for my sons baseball today.

14 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Didn’t expect rain last night but had almost another 0.1”. Not looking good for my sons baseball today.

Move the game to Carroll county lol. Fields are  concrete hard . No mud here . Lots of dust though .

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Looks like a legit heavy rain threat for much of the region this week, with both the GFS and Euro digging the UL energy and slowing the front.

gfs_z500_vort_us_14.png

It's close fmby.  I'll continue to keep an eye on it but Gfs and Euro both still too far east and concentrate moderate to heavy rains i95 and east atm.