Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I think jersey shore might end up being hardest hit. That's what some models have hinted at. 

Yeah for sure...probably could extend that area to Long Island and southern CT...maybe even a bit farther inland into CT. If we do see gusts 60-70 mph...even if that magnitude only lasts a couple hours...that's going to do significant damage given the fully leaved trees. I mean look at what 50-60 mph winds do during thunderstorms here and those winds maybe last for what...a few minutes? I guess thankfully the ground is dry

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I went moderate to high impact event overall in my forecast. Kept the strongest wind gusts near the coast. Tomorrow is bound to be an interesting day between the severe and wind potential. 

Not boring. Welcome relief from a month of heat and dews talk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Won’t it lose steam interacting with the Carolinas?

Yes and no. In a truly tropical sense, yes, there will be no more access to warm ocean water. But the interaction with the upper jet (which will also be enhanced by diabatic outflow) will allow convection to sustain longer than you would normally expect for a landfalling system.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yep. Shrederola incoming once it heads inland.  This isn’t going over the marshy lowlands of HAT which would have a lesser impact on the storm.

You really don't think a core of very strong winds on the east side are going to rapidly come up the coast?   I just can't tell if your serious or not?