• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

Tropical connection NYC forum area Sun-Wed, 8/2-5/20- Tropical Storm Isaias

Can someone take me off 5 post a mod! I been on it forever I think I’m forgotten lol

back to storm 119mph in eye wall

I can’t post my radarscope says only 1.95

• Like 3

0z NAM showing with stronger winds for the coast this run it seems. Can any1 confirm? I'm terrible at reading maps, specially being colorblind

• Like 2

I'm hoping this storm does not track west of the city...if it does we could see some strong winds from the south south east and less rainfall...I'd rather see more rain and less wind...not looking forward to power outages from this...Hazel in 1954 was a much bigger hurricane but tracked well west of the city...winds were clocked at 113mph on the roof of 17 Battery place in lower Manhattan...

• Like 1

What’s the likelihood of actually seeing 60-80mph gusts on the island? I’m gonna believe it when I see it I’m sure 40-50 will occur 

8 minutes ago, nycsnow said:

Can someone take me off 5 post a mod! I been on it forever I think I’m forgotten lol

back to storm 119mph in eye wall

I can’t post my radarscope says only 1.95

How long has it been?

1 minute ago, justinj said:

What’s the likelihood of actually seeing 60-80mph gusts on the island? I’m gonna believe it when I see it I’m sure 40-50 will occur 

Better than they were this morning, at any rate.

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

Some areas had wind gusts in excess of 50 mph. JFK recorded one such gust.

His location is  in Commack and I’m working about two miles away from Commack and it was nothing impressive at all

• Weenie 1

Just now, Will - Rutgers said:

Better than they were this morning, at any rate.

I wonder if this strengthening burst will be enough for hurricane warnings up further on the coast? 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, justinj said:

His location is  in Commack and I’m working about two miles away from Commack and it was nothing impressive at all

we had a few gusts that seemed to be around 50mph.

Some rainfall amounts from the thunderstorms that moved through the NYC area as of 10 pm:

New York City-JFK: 0.13” (52 mph gust); New York City-LGA: 0.35”; New York City-NYC: 0.54”; Newark: 0.34”; Teterboro: 0.20”.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sportybx said:

The worst part of this storm . Is going to be everyone who wasn’t prepared because no media coverage. Then tomorrow 2 hours before it hits everyone is running wild for supples 

Are you kidding me no media coverage? We've been on this for days.  

11 hours ago, wkd said:

Loads of posters were saying it couldn't hit NJ because of climo, disregarding the fact that a large blocking ridge negated an ots solution.

Understood. But you can't just throw away climo. You just USE climo as with any other forcasting element ... as something to factor in but with probabilities or not at 100% guarantees.

12 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Less than an inch east of I95. In northern VT by tomorrow at this time 

Slightly stronger storm, slight tick East, stronger winds make it further inland.

1 minute ago, Big Jims Videos said:

Are you kidding me no media coverage? We've been on this for days.  

It doesn't get real for me until all cellphones in my house start blaring with alerts

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I wonder if this strengthening burst will be enough for hurricane warnings up further on the coast? 

This doesn't deserve a weenie emoji.  This is legit.  I am concerned about wind damage at the Jersey Shore.  We tried to talk up the potential for 70+ gusts today.  Media has been all over this - but some folks I spoke with this morning for my reports didn't even know there was a storm coming.  

• Like 2

What time does the Ukie run? Any updates? Sorry for asking I know it's on the website somewhere