Most Online
    David
    Newest Member
    David

July 2020 Discussion

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

90/60 is preferable to 84/69 for me.  

The deer flies will be loving it

And loving you too..........:lol:, Got zapped a couple times in the pool this weekend here by dem bastards.

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Take em up. The dews will rise. Enjoy the pool.

BTW, those little tennis racket type things that are electrified and kills bugs are epic. Even with a screen porch those are needed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, I laugh because you and Ginxy going back and forth in the summer is always funny.  Has nothing to do with actual ground conditions.  Just the constant back and forth for the past decade.

I figured your 70F was a Davis dew.  The ASOS don’t look much lower though.

The old ways are comforting in these troubling times. 

Well, hopes for heat this week are down the crapper (not that I hope for heat).

Humidity will be there, but warm average temps will be driven by mild nights, not by daytime heat..  At least there''ll be a break from watering the lawn.

8 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ugh. Anyone else notice they don't seem that bad this year? Usually by this time there are clouds of them.

40 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Well, hopes for heat this week are down the crapper (not that I hope for heat).

Humidity will be there, but warm average temps will be driven by mild nights, not by daytime heat..  At least there''ll be a break from watering the lawn.

Yeah my forecast is showing no 90s. What happened?

8 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

BTW, those little tennis racket type things that are electrified and kills bugs are epic. Even with a screen porch those are needed. 

Yup. We have several. I always use them when walking the dog.  So satisfying to hear electric death

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Low dews. Feels refreshing. Not looking forward to the sweat dripping down my crack wx coming up

We’re in this together 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Low dews. Feels refreshing. Not looking forward to the sweat dripping down my crack wx coming up

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We’re in this together 

In the same shorts?

21 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Starts tomorrow for days. Nothing you can dew about it.

That is a really interesting synoptic evolution along the EC days 3 thru roughly day 6 ... you kind of have to be an Aspergery nerd to see it but ...that vestigial faux tropical whirl migrating slowly on up ... for lack of better description, "eats" the heat.   

There is a quasi EML/SW release plume flooding throughout the midriff Ohio Valley and up through the eastern Lakes, NYS and the ST Lawrence...but, the cyclonic whirl - as per the Euro's evolution - is absorbing the 850 mb thermal layout... You fan see it when animating through the frames.

It gets weird looking, because day 6 shows that there is still thermally charged 850 mb thermal air left in the wake of the whirl's passing through, but by then there is more of a transient 500 mb deeper layer trough that sets over the NE quadrant... while that heat is still rattling around underneath it.  Never seen a 500 mb trough with so much warm air in the lower troposphere.. That's gotta be unstable for one -

That has to be a fantastic heat signal in this particular run cycle by day's 9 and 10 tho.. wow.  You have a massive heat release there timed under a super-synoptic scaled hemispheric wave length expansion spreading over just about everywhere S of the 45 N between Colorado and NJ/Mass with hydrostatic depths exceeding 594 dm!  Unlimited diurnal potential pretty much ...day time highs are limited only by the fact that we have a main sequence yellow dwarf star and at average orbital distance of 93 million miles... otherwise that'd be hell on Earth if that succeeded...  During a Pandemic no less ... where's the Bible 

• Like 3

I'm dreaming of a nice big D

Derecho that is. Tree toppling, forest destroying, roof tossing derecho!!!!!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 4

41 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm dreaming of a nice big D

Derecho that is. Tree toppling, forest destroying, roof tossing derecho!!!!!

Hot Dog.jpeg

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So the weekend looks like....

2 days of sleeping in until the dog wakes me about 7:30 surrounded by days of unrelenting alarms going off at 5:05.

Minisplit AC install next Wednesday. Looks like timing will work out although aweek earlier might have been better from the sound of it.

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

Ugh. Anyone else notice they don't seem that bad this year? Usually by this time there are clouds of them.

You're in luck there.

They are swarming in upstate NY.  Eat you alive in the woods and fields.  As bad as we have ever had.

• Like 1