• Member Statistics

    16,018
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    anathema
    Newest Member
    anathema
    Joined
George BM

May Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

Today is Andy's birthday, be sure to tell him he's old. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mappy said:

Today is Andy's birthday, be sure to tell him he's old. :) 

You're old Andy!! :oldman: Happy Birthday! Hope it is a good one for ya!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Happy Birthday, @H2O 

May your faucets forever flow.

Insert RR joke here: plenty of power still in these old pipes and no dripping!!!!

Thank you!!

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mappy said:

Today is Andy's birthday, be sure to tell him he's old. :) 

My saving grace is that there will always be others that are older and I look better than mdecoy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, H2O said:

My saving grace is that there will always be others that are older and I look better than mdecoy.

hahahahahahahaha that is true. good point. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI Balt Co folks - as of 9am tomorrow, retail shops, barber shops and salons may open up for business. 10 or less allowed inside at a time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, H2O said:

Insert RR joke here: plenty of power still in these old pipes and no dripping!!!!

Thank you!!

Lol. I would have figured they would have cracked by now. Happy Birthday old man. May you have many more happy healthy ones. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mappy said:

Today is Andy's birthday, be sure to tell him he's old. :) 

Last I heard, he was just 26. Based on his avatars expression, perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt. No matter even If you are older,  H2O and your plumbing is still good, you’ve beaten the odds, well done. As always ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, H2O said:

Insert RR joke here: plenty of power still in these old pipes and no dripping!!!!

Thank you!!

LOL!

Happy Birthday to you!!  Now get the hell off my lawn! :oldman::lol:  Hope you have a great day...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Lol. I would have figured they would have cracked by now. Happy Birthday old man. May you have many more happy healthy ones. 

That only happens if they don't get used.  Then they get brittle.  That isn't happening with me.

 

Thank you tho.  Appreciate the well wishes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, George BM said:

@H2O Happy 49ing!...Or is it 50ing?

 

I'm pretty sure it's forty-nining IIRC. 

All that matters is that I'm still technically 40s for one more year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rclab said:

Last I heard, he was just 26. Based on his avatars expression, perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt. No matter even If you are older,  H2O and your plumbing is still good, you’ve beaten the odds, well done. As always ....

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Another Perfect day working on the job.  Barely a sweat pulling wire all day :D

60s and 70s through next Wednesday... sounds great imo.

Pulling wire in new construction is okay work, but I’ll bet you were in an old house. Not so fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mappy said:

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

Pfffffffffftttttttttttttt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pulling wire in new construction is okay work, but I’ll bet you were in an old house. Not so fun.

Old work can be a challenge fishing cables . Especially by yourself.  But 25-30 years experience...you learn tricks of the trade and that helps...

Sometimes :yikes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mappy said:

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

My my such intensity. You full name must be Mappy F5 Tornado. No wonder everyone behave in the M A. As always ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Isn't this the year for the 17 year cicada? That should be fun

I remember the 17 year locusts back in the mid 80s as a kid in Baltimore.  They were bouncing off houses and the school walls constantly lol.:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Isn't this the year for the 17 year cicada? That should be fun

Next year.

But can you imagine a couple hundred years ago if there was a pandemic one year followed by the cicadas? I bet a lot of people would get religion really fast.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I remember the 17 year locusts back in the mid 80s as a kid in Baltimore.  They were bouncing off houses and the school walls constantly lol.:lol:

Yeah and I remember them from when I was a little kid at my grandmas in Catonsville. Pretty insane.

We don't really get them over here- maybe a few here and there. Something to do with the sandy/silty soil I think.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe this is the year for the emergence of the -NAO during actual winter. Once every 10 years perhaps.

It's gotta be an 11 year cycle right? 2009-10 was the last minimum, and 2020-21 is just coming out of the minimum so perfect time to get a february 2010 repeat. Maybe a bootleg 2010 tho as ENSO is gonna be in the la nina phases instead of the el nino during fall-winter of 2009-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

It's gotta be an 11 year cycle right? 2009-10 was the last minimum, and 2020-21 is just coming out of the minimum so perfect time to get a february 2010 repeat. Maybe a bootleg 2010 tho as ENSO is gonna be in the la nina phases instead of the el nino during fall-winter of 2009-10.

Now I'm wondering about this...Are we heading out of the minimum, or does this year mark the official "start"? I'm a bit confused about how they measure it. Because if we get a "lag" effect, I don't know where the clock would start from, so to speak, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.