• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anathema
    Newest Member
    anathema

May Banter 2020

Today is Andy's birthday, be sure to tell him he's old. :) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mappy said:

You're old Andy!! :oldman: Happy Birthday! Hope it is a good one for ya!

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Happy Birthday, @H2O 

May your faucets forever flow.

Insert RR joke here: plenty of power still in these old pipes and no dripping!!!!

Thank you!!

• Haha 6

36 minutes ago, mappy said:

My saving grace is that there will always be others that are older and I look better than mdecoy.

• Haha 1

Just now, H2O said:

My saving grace is that there will always be others that are older and I look better than mdecoy.

hahahahahahahaha that is true. good point. 

• Like 2

FYI Balt Co folks - as of 9am tomorrow, retail shops, barber shops and salons may open up for business. 10 or less allowed inside at a time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Insert RR joke here: plenty of power still in these old pipes and no dripping!!!!

Thank you!!

Lol. I would have figured they would have cracked by now. Happy Birthday old man. May you have many more happy healthy ones. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Last I heard, he was just 26. Based on his avatars expression, perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt. No matter even If you are older,  H2O and your plumbing is still good, you’ve beaten the odds, well done. As always ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Thank you!!

LOL!

Happy Birthday to you!!  Now get the hell off my lawn! :oldman::lol:  Hope you have a great day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

Lol. I would have figured they would have cracked by now. Happy Birthday old man. May you have many more happy healthy ones. 

That only happens if they don't get used.  Then they get brittle.  That isn't happening with me.

Thank you tho.  Appreciate the well wishes.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, George BM said:

@H2O Happy 49ing!...Or is it 50ing?

I'm pretty sure it's forty-nining IIRC. 

All that matters is that I'm still technically 40s for one more year.  

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Last I heard, he was just 26. Based on his avatars expression, perhaps that should be taken with a grain of salt. No matter even If you are older,  H2O and your plumbing is still good, you’ve beaten the odds, well done. As always ....

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Another Perfect day working on the job.  Barely a sweat pulling wire all day :D

60s and 70s through next Wednesday... sounds great imo.

Pulling wire in new construction is okay work, but I’ll bet you were in an old house. Not so fun.

3 hours ago, mappy said:

pffft add 20 plus some to that. next year, i am going to troll his old over the hill ass so badly. mwahahahahaha 

Pfffffffffftttttttttttttt

27 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pulling wire in new construction is okay work, but I’ll bet you were in an old house. Not so fun.

Old work can be a challenge fishing cables . Especially by yourself.  But 25-30 years experience...you learn tricks of the trade and that helps...

Sometimes :yikes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

My my such intensity. You full name must be Mappy F5 Tornado. No wonder everyone behave in the M A. As always ....

46 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Isn't this the year for the 17 year cicada? That should be fun

I remember the 17 year locusts back in the mid 80s as a kid in Baltimore.  They were bouncing off houses and the school walls constantly lol.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Isn't this the year for the 17 year cicada? That should be fun

Next year.

But can you imagine a couple hundred years ago if there was a pandemic one year followed by the cicadas? I bet a lot of people would get religion really fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I remember the 17 year locusts back in the mid 80s as a kid in Baltimore.  They were bouncing off houses and the school walls constantly lol.:lol:

Yeah and I remember them from when I was a little kid at my grandmas in Catonsville. Pretty insane.

We don't really get them over here- maybe a few here and there. Something to do with the sandy/silty soil I think.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Maybe this is the year for the emergence of the -NAO during actual winter. Once every 10 years perhaps.

It's gotta be an 11 year cycle right? 2009-10 was the last minimum, and 2020-21 is just coming out of the minimum so perfect time to get a february 2010 repeat. Maybe a bootleg 2010 tho as ENSO is gonna be in the la nina phases instead of the el nino during fall-winter of 2009-10.

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

It's gotta be an 11 year cycle right? 2009-10 was the last minimum, and 2020-21 is just coming out of the minimum so perfect time to get a february 2010 repeat. Maybe a bootleg 2010 tho as ENSO is gonna be in the la nina phases instead of the el nino during fall-winter of 2009-10.

Now I'm wondering about this...Are we heading out of the minimum, or does this year mark the official "start"? I'm a bit confused about how they measure it. Because if we get a "lag" effect, I don't know where the clock would start from, so to speak, lol