• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

May Banter 2020

Ironically enough, last evening around 630 was the lightest crowd I've seen at wegmans in 2 months. And, I didnt see a single retail store open that was previously closed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yoda said:

I really want hockey back, but Gudas makes a legit statement. I know Bettman wants a Stanley Cup winner, but at what cost? Half (or more) of the league gets Covid along the way? 

Contracts - I am not worried about that until the season is done. I have enough other things to be worried about. Haha. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Ironically enough, last evening around 630 was the lightest crowd I've seen at wegmans in 2 months. And, I didnt see a single retail store open that was previously closed.

On the flip side, yesterday was the first day I’ve driven through actual rush hour traffic on the beltway. It was really light but not empty like it has been.

20 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Dude, that sucks. Is it worth taking or selling the trunks to a lumber mill? It would be a shame to waste it all.

We actually had a guy with a portable saw mill come by and saw up the last couple trees we had to take down, was a pretty awesome experience. We had a local carpenter build a hutch, shelves and bar table out of it so far. Couple of projects on the plan just haven't had time to think about it.

I still have probably 100 or so board feet left from that, so these are gonna end up as firewood. Asked them to cut the trunks into 20" sections so I can split. 

• Like 1

It’s weird... hopefully the AEMI model does what it’s showing... /s

4 hours ago, mdhokie said:

We actually had a guy with a portable saw mill come by and saw up the last couple trees we had to take down, was a pretty awesome experience. We had a local carpenter build a hutch, shelves and bar table out of it so far. Couple of projects on the plan just haven't had time to think about it.

I still have probably 100 or so board feet left from that, so these are gonna end up as firewood. Asked them to cut the trunks into 20" sections so I can split. 

We’ve got a commercial saw mill near here (Erdrich Lumber) and I’m pretty sure that they pay for large trees that can be milled, but probably not worth the hassle for most people, including me.

That’s cool that you had furnishings made from them.

I have a few oaks I need taken down, and too close to the house to do it myself. Not dead, just too close and a pain in the ass, always dropping small branches and tree debris on the roof. I have a hydraulic log splitter, so I will have them taken down and cut to length, and left behind to split for firewood. Probably wait until Fall.

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I have a few oaks I need taken down, and too close to the house to do it myself. Not dead, just too close and a pain in the ass, always dropping small branches and tree debris on the roof. I have a hydraulic log splitter, so I will have them taken down and cut to length, and left behind to split for firewood. Probably wait until Fall.

Let me know if you want some help loading the logs. That’s fun work with a splitter.

• Like 1

Hell of a long day spent in the yard but got another big project done. 

Now got me some drinks and delivery coming. Hells yeah

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, H2O said:

What is it about getting projects done that is so satisfying? 

Hmmm. Maybe it’s guilt-free drinking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, H2O said:

I hope the delivery guy forgets the ketchup

31 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I hope the delivery guy forgets the ketchup

Wasn’t needed and I have my own.  Mods need to take care of this trolling of other subforums 

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks great. Online recipe?

Very simple. Recipe is intended to make them "healthier" so you dont have to use whole wheat flour if white is preferred.

3 cups ww flour

1.5 tsp baking powder

3 cups plain greek yogurt nonfat

Egg wash on top and whatever toppings you want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my family has had quite the last two weeks. Not only was my brother in OH, an essential employee at Fermi Nuclear Power Plant in MI as an Electrician, tested positive for COVID-19. He has been in quarantine in his home with only mild symptoms for now. Then yesterday my mom calls me from FL to tell me that my other brother in GA fell off his roof about 45 ft. down as he lives in the GA mountains and their back yard slopes down. He was life flighted  to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga. No family can see him as he is in ICU but my sister who lives in Atlanta picked up his wife and drove her up to at least be closer. Lucky for him just broken bones and a bad laceration on his head. The older Miss J. was supposed to have her recital this weekend, which has been postponed to August. And it is my sisters 17th Anniversary today hoping she gets to go back to Atlanta to be with her husband. 

Needless to say I have a rose bush. It has a mess of buds on it but as of last night they had not opened. This morning when I went out to water the front garden I found this perfectly opened bloom. The timing could not be any better. Mother Nature shows you her beauty just when it is needed. 

rose.jpg

• Like 11

4 hours ago, snowfan said:

Fresh batch of bagels coming out of the oven this morning. 

20200517_073450-01.jpeg

Bless you, they look so good, even the long ago, now forgotten, symbolism. As always ....

15 hours ago, H2O said:

Wasn’t needed and I have my own.  Mods need to take care of this trolling of other subforums 

H2O you might as well hold off on the Mods request until Anthony becomes a regular. As always ...

39 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

So my family has had quite the last two weeks. Not only was my brother in OH, an essential employee at Fermi Nuclear Power Plant in MI as an Electrician, tested positive for COVID-19. He has been in quarantine in his home with only mild symptoms for now. Then yesterday my mom calls me from FL to tell me that my other brother in GA fell off his roof about 45 ft. down as he lives in the GA mountains and their back yard slopes down. He was life flighted  to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga. No family can see him as he is in ICU but my sister who lives in Atlanta picked up his wife and drove her up to at least be closer. Lucky for him just broken bones and a bad laceration on his head. The older Miss J. was supposed to have her recital this weekend, which has been postponed to August. And it is my sisters 17th Anniversary today hoping she gets to go back to Atlanta to be with her husband. 

Needless to say I have a rose bush. It has a mess of buds on it but as of last night they had not opened. This morning when I went out to water the front garden I found this perfectly opened bloom. The timing could not be any better. Mother Nature shows you her beauty just when it is needed. 

rose.jpg

And her loving compassion for those in greatest and deserving need. May all be and remain well with you and your family. As always.....

• Like 1

I randomly look at my radar this morning seeing if it was going to rain and saw Arthur swirling around in the Atlantic. This is a nice surprise and a nice break from pandemic news. Can't imagine if people have to be evacuated during this pandemic. 

Drinking the Deez Nutz imperial nut brown ale I picked up from eastern shore brewery in st michaels Thursday. Not bad but tastes more like a dark barleywine than a brown ale. Needs a little more sweetness 

4333D7EC-AB5B-4A61-AE5F-D6D31A65F340.jpeg

• Like 1

On another note, my aunt has tested positive for Covid. She’s apparently doing ok and has been at GBMC. She is mentally challenged and lives in an assisted living home. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

On another note, my aunt has tested positive for Covid. She’s apparently doing ok and has been at GBMC. She is mentally challenged and lives in an assisted living home. 

Sorry to hear this. Know what you are going through. Glad to hear she is doing ok for now. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Sorry to hear this. Know what you are going through. Glad to hear she is doing ok for now. 

Thanks. She’s in her 50s and otherwise healthy as far as I know. So hopefully she’ll be alright. So far so good. She can go back to her living home but they need to disinfect and properly be able to quarantine her first 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Drinking the Deez Nutz imperial nut brown ale I picked up from eastern shore brewery in st michaels Thursday. Not bad but tastes more like a dark barleywine than a brown ale. Needs a little more sweetness 

4333D7EC-AB5B-4A61-AE5F-D6D31A65F340.jpeg

Whats the abv?

That sounds like something I would like. I am not a big fan of brown ales, but love the high gravity stuff that leans towards a barley wine.

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Whats the abv?

That sounds like something I would like. I am not a big fan of brown ales, but love the high gravity stuff that leans towards a barley wine.

10.5 abv. It really is like a dark barley wine. I don’t taste a lot of nut or typical brown ale flavors. Pretty boozey

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

10.5 abv. It really is like a dark barley wine. I don’t taste a lot of nut or typical brown ale flavors. Pretty boozey

The only brown I absolutely loved was Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown, brewed with  Sumatra coffee. An Imperial ale, at 9% I think. Was more like a coffee stout. Loved that beer, but have not seen it in a couple years. Not sure they make it anymore. Love to find a stash of that somewhere.