• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr

May Banter 2020

Don’t celebrate too much... each county will be opening as they see fit based on cases and local concerns. More rural areas will open up much sooner than those closer to 95 and the cities. 

as subforum mommy, please all be safe when you do venture out. And just because you can go out, doesn’t mean you should. Stay well.

• Like 1

A very busy couple of days on the back 100. Trimming leylands, mulching, clearing beds, etc. 

Now it’s beer time on the patio. Jonjon’s triple...

image.jpeg.0834777c1629570530b59ac6b9c60378.jpeg

eta: oh, my. I wish Jonjon could run faster and he had gotten the aged big boy pants to me. This is awesome.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

I really want to try their deez nuts imperial brown ale. 11%. Thinking about heading back down the shore tomorrow to grab a crowler

Ok so I just made my HS’ers snicker at the name of this beer! :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Ok so I just made my HS’ers snicker at the name of this beer! :lol:

Lol yeah that’s another reason I want it haha 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Don’t celebrate too much... each county will be opening as they see fit based on cases and local concerns. More rural areas will open up much sooner than those closer to 95 and the cities. 

as subforum mommy, please all be safe when you do venture out. And just because you can go out, doesn’t mean you should. Stay well.

Yeah Elrich’ statement makes me think the daycares in MoCo aren’t even close to reopening.

What retail is opening at 5pm friday just to close at 8 or 9? Make it clean and start at the beginning of saturday. 

Also, it's kind of ass backwards to reopen without daycare reopened. I suspect lots of retail staff will be forced to not show up.

9 hours ago, snowfan said:

What retail is opening at 5pm friday just to close at 8 or 9? Make it clean and start at the beginning of saturday. 

Also, it's kind of ass backwards to reopen without daycare reopened. I suspect lots of retail staff will be forced to not show up.

there will be guidelines for daycares next week. but i agree, it will be hard for to juggle going back to work without child care. 

also, with counties ultimately deciding what course is best, i think Hogan was being pressured to make a move, but then passed the buck to the counties, leaving him off the hook for any anger moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

there will be guidelines for daycares next week. but i agree, it will be hard for to juggle going back to work without child care. 

also, with counties ultimately deciding what course is best, i think Hogan was being pressured to make a move, but then passed the buck to the counties, leaving him off the hook for any anger moving forward. 

Also, there’s a pretty big difference between what’s happening along the 95 corridor and far western and eastern shore counties. Hopefully people continue to social distance and not crowd the usual summer destinations. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Also, there’s a pretty big difference between what’s happening along the 95 corridor and far western and eastern shore counties. Hopefully people continue to social distance and not crowd the usual summer destinations. 

Yeah y'all on the mainland stay put. Don't be rushing over here bringing your diseases.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah y'all on the mainland stay put. Don't be rushing over here bringing your diseases.

Sorry I gotta make another eastern shore beer run today...to St Michaels!:D

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Ah if you can pass that recipe along. I am 1/8 Greek and have been taking time to get into that part of the family that we did not grow up with. My grandmothers father was from Crete but her mom and dad divorced, yes scandalous in the 1910's and we really do not know anything about that side of the family. I am trying to do it through food. 

Not quite traditional spanakopita, but here's a good variation that's a hit in our house:  https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/11/one-pot-chicken-spanakopita-skillet-pie-recipe.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

agreed.

What are the rules for posting in other subforums that you don't live in? I like to interact with members from different subforums e.g the NYC discussion thread and the New England thread

47 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

What are the rules for posting in other subforums that you don't live in? I like to interact with members from different subforums e.g the NYC discussion thread and the New England thread

No rules against it. You see how awesome WxWatcher is in this forum and he now lives in the northeast. Be like Watcher if you post in other forums.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Doing so is fine unless you do it specifically to stir up trouble.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, H2O said:

Doing so is fine unless you do it specifically to stir up trouble.  

Haven't seen Mersky around lately.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Haven't seen Mersky around lately.

Wish i could say i had something to do with that but for all i know he's gone into hibernation like 25% of posters once May hits.

Nice little day on the shore again today. Went to st michaels and their nature trail and then to terrapin beach park. Forgot who recommended it but thanks it was cool! Now to drink some of the beer I picked up. 

96C6FC0D-AA87-4319-BF6D-6664D3959787.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Wish i could say i had something to do with that but for all i know he's gone into hibernation like 25% of posters once May hits.

He reemerged lol.

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Nice little day on the shore again today. Went to st michaels and their nature trail and then to terrapin beach park. Forgot who recommended it but thanks it was cool! Now to drink some of the beer I picked up. 

96C6FC0D-AA87-4319-BF6D-6664D3959787.jpeg

I did! Awesome place isn't it?

Nice photo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I did! Awesome place isn't it?

Nice photo.

Yes. We couldn’t spend a lot of time there because our little frenchie already walked a lot in St michaels so we didn’t want to over exert her lol but we made it to at least Check out the beach. Next time we’ll walk the trail. Picked up a crowler of Deez Nuts imperial nut brown ale from Eastern Shore Brewery clocking in at 10.5% and a Pumpkin ale (couldn’t believe they still have pumpkin beer) from Cult Classic Taproom right off route 50 near Stevensville. Closed the day out with a beer pickup from Full Tilt in Baltimore which made a sour beer made with sour gummy worms lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

I had no idea people traveled long distances for beer. And, I dont mean that in a snarky way.

I just love to check out and support different Breweries. It pains me I can’t go in and check them out but I can at least try their beers. If you love beer, it’s worth it lol

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yes. We couldn’t spend a lot of time there because our little frenchie already walked a lot in St michaels so we didn’t want to over exert her lol but we made it to at least Check out the beach. Next time we’ll walk the trail. Picked up a crowler of Deez Nuts imperial nut brown ale from Eastern Shore Brewery clocking in at 10.5% and a Pumpkin ale (couldn’t believe they still have pumpkin beer) from Cult Classic Taproom right off route 50 near Stevensville. Closed the day out with a beer pickup from Full Tilt in Baltimore which made a sour beer made with sour gummy worms lol

Cult Classic is great. Love their hazy IPA.Their pumpkin ale is quite good. More on the subtle side. Looks like you got a full day in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Cult Classic is great. Love their hazy IPA.Their pumpkin ale is quite good. More on the subtle side. Looks like you got a full day in.

Absolutely. We left the house about 1030. Got to st michaels around 12. Got home about 515

7 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

If waterboy says its ok its definitely not, that guy is the worst

• Haha 1