• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Blue Moon
    Newest Member
    Blue Moon

May Banter 2020

On 5/20/2020 at 8:18 PM, losetoa6 said:

I assume your talking about "Rise of Skywalker" and I agree it was very good.  The Force Awakens was a step above and Last Jedi a step below imo. How'd your boy like it ?

I thought Rogue one was also pretty decent. 

Yea. He liked them all.  I think 6&9 were his favorites. He is 5 and if not for the current situation might have waited another year or two but what the hell. We got through all the movies in about a week and are now on the cartoon series Rebels.  

I think Last Jedi was a good movie as a stand alone movie but it also was the least Star Wars Star Wars movie and had issues as a middle chapter in the trilogy. I see both the critics and fans perspectives.  I think Rise of Skywalker would be an awful stand alone movie but was a very good Star Wars movie. So I see why critics panned it (same reason they pan most action flicks) BUT I think with Star Wars fans it suffered from “I’m hurt about #8 so I’m gonna trash #9”. 

I love Rogue one, it might be the best of the post Lucas films imo.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

WOW!!!

I saw a different picture online and that is a really little kid holding it. Still an impressive hunk of hail. Melon sized.

6 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

At Patapsco state park with my 2 daughters.  Beautiful day here:thumbsup:

We had a great time at the park in Ar--butt--us:D. We visited the cascade falls , the swinging bridge . Hiked like 3 trails . My daughters went in the patapsco river lol. The park was packed but majority of people kept good distance away from each other . Weather 10/10 . Worth the $5 admission.  Firepit is on the docket for later and lots of beer drinking baby!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yep, add that to the list of 2020 calamities. Will we make it to winter at this rate? lol 

I for one welcome our new cicada overlords and you should too

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LP08 said:

They are here!

74F36EC7-3980-409A-AC0F-73EC3B6DDB75.jpeg

I don’t like sudden loud noises, so those things aren’t my friend when they are on a tree next to me and decide to zoom off and fly right by my face.

Not warm enough for the pool or beach but certainly very comfortable for a walk around the harbor promenade in Canton and a stop for tacos and drinks at Bo Brooks Tiki bar

D3878651-3929-4E5C-88E1-301F596AC6D7.jpeg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

LOL, just looked at son's forecast.

I'm dreaming....of a white.....Memorial Day.....just like the one's I used to know.......

image.png.9df7536dbff802347140e3225a733b79.png

Meh... Sun angle! Nothing but white rain! 

But seriously, pretty cool! I remember seeing it snow in CO years ago in July. But that was at the top of Mt. Evans at over 14,000 ft.

23 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

But seriously, pretty cool! I remember seeing it snow in CO years ago in July. But that was at the top of Mt. Evans at over 14,000 ft.

Yep, we were up there (Mt Evans) 2 years ago in mid August and it was snowing and 31 degrees lol! Crazy. We didn't stay long after it started, that is NOT a road you want to traverse with snow/ice on it, and it was accumulating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Early taste of Brood X for next spring? Must be an early straggler. I saw a few a year ago and was surprised. 

Most likely its Brood IX. They are emerging in VA, WV, and NC now.

2 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

LOL, just looked at son's forecast.

I'm dreaming....of a white.....Memorial Day.....just like the one's I used to know.......

image.png.9df7536dbff802347140e3225a733b79.png

I love snow just as much as the next guy but that looks miserable for late May.  It reminds me why I couldn’t live in northern New England or the mountains out west.  

58 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Watching Brady slice every tee shot three counties to his right is making me giggle.

And then Brady holes a fairway shot lol

27 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I love snow just as much as the next guy but that looks miserable for late May.  It reminds me why I couldn’t live in northern New England or the mountains out west.  

It’s been glorious in NNE this week though. :) 

4 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well, he just texted this to me about 10 minutes ago, so that would be little before 6 pm their time...... so much for May sun angle......

image.png.dd0bac2a2f1965ef174db471c8fca3b8.png

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

This whole thing has been really fun. 

Yeah it’s been cool. I’m not a golf fan, but cool perspective seeing them talking and the cart cams and all. 

This squall line was supposed to move through at 9pm. It did move thru, then it just kind of stopped. The entire thing is just undulating in place, its like it just decided to quarantine in Central Texas and the rain just wont quit. Its hardly moving at all. The returns are yellow but now I see oranges and even reds developing. I read something about a Wake Low in the AFD. Well, I bitched all day about East Texas hogging all of the rain while I roasted in 94 degree sunshine. I got my rain, all right. In spades.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jebman said:

This squall line was supposed to move through at 9pm. It did move thru, then it just kind of stopped. The entire thing is just undulating in place, its like it just decided to quarantine in Central Texas and the rain just wont quit. Its hardly moving at all. The returns are yellow but now I see oranges and even reds developing. I read something about a Wake Low in the AFD. Well, I bitched all day about East Texas hogging all of the rain while I roasted in 94 degree sunshine. I got my rain, all right. In spades.

I watched that line coming in last night on a live feed on FB. Impressive!

Time for a new mower. The Briggs & Stratton on my walk behind SP mower just threw a rod lol. Big hole in the side of the block and what looks like a bolt from the connecting rod/cap is laying on the mower deck.

Any recommendations on a self propelled push mower? This one is a Snapper and worked fine for 7 years, outside of needing some carb cleaning.

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Time for a new mower. The Briggs & Stratton on my walk behind SP mower just threw a rod lol. Big hole in the side of the block and what looks like a bolt from the connecting rod/cap is laying on the mower deck.

Any recommendations on a self propelled push mower? This one is a Snapper and worked fine for 7 years, outside of needing some carb cleaning.

Check out a Toro self- propelled mower. Probably more expensive than a Snapper but hey, you're loaded.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I’ve had a craftsman for over 10 years. I know Sears has shit the bed and not sure if Lowe’s carries all the Craftsman line but I’ll alway buy one if available. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wonderdog said:

Check out a Toro self- propelled mower. Probably more expensive than a Snapper but hey, you're loaded.

Yeah they are pricier but nice mowers. Get what ya pay for. True statement.