Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s probably one or the other though. If it rots south for 3 days, it’s gotta move northeast eventually. So it just delays the inevitable. I’m going to be the cynic in this one with all the east flow being shown, and be pleasantly surprised if it stays mostly nice. 

My feeling is it never comes. Just rots out down there and we dry 10 days with steady over the top hP

• Weenie 2

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

70’s is really not chilly. I guess 40’s/50’s for lows isn’t ideal for pools, but man summer is here 

We aren't glad we are up here today.  Jealous of that Tolland Stem 73F max temp, my folks in Woodstock said it was really nice.

High of 58F up here with slate gray overcast all day long.

Still hasn't cleared out, this damn stratus layer just holding tight.

Untitled.jpg.0536da30c71cf672aa6a5730a4ea720d.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

We aren't glad we are up here today.  Jealous of that Tolland Stem 73F max temp, my folks in Woodstock said it was really nice.

Thinking you're not going to get much sympathy from the folks who live on the North Shore.

Just now, kdxken said:

Thinking you're not going to get much sympathy from the folks who live on the North Shore.

Marine layer banking in there all day?  Forecast busted pretty good up here, looked like those clouds would clear but even good mixing this time of year couldn't do it.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Today was awesome. Spent 9 hours staining this beast. 142 spindles . Back is aching but done for another 2 years 

FFpNq9t.jpg

btP6Aws.jpg

• Like 3

Nah 

if that upper level low decays like that Euro the surface pressure pattern/baroclinicity  will normalize ...then what remnants there is becomes a quasi diffused warm frontal slope that transports higher dewpoint warmer air up from the south. It would probably be partly cloudy with higher dewpoints and instability afternoon showers and thunder type of deal… In fact August Bahama blue patterns but it’s not gonna do that before that thing lifts up and just washes out entirely

In fact that makes spatial reasoning sense from the synoptic point of view because about the time that migration takes place the cold loading from the Maritimes is breaking down so we woukd be transitioning into a continental pattern at that point washed in afterward.