Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think you are in for a crummy week. It won't be rain all the time, but pretty lousy even if it's dry.

So you disagree with Ryan’s nice sunny warm end of week and weekend. Will and I put down numbers. Can you too please? So we know your forecast. Ginx just posts charts so that’s his call 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So you disagree with Ryan’s nice sunny warm end of week and weekend. 

To be fair that graphic has a cloud and rain drops in front of the sun on Friday, too.  “Nice sunny warm end of week”, I would’ve expected something a little different there.

Maybe we see what we want to see?  

But either way, 5-8F lower for you, that’s sort of in the middle ground of the two options you seem to be playing up... 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

To be fair that graphic has a cloud and rain drops in front of the sun on Friday, too.  “Nice sunny warm end of week”, I would’ve expected something a little different there.

Maybe we see what we want to see?  

But either way, 5-8F lower for you, that’s sort of in the middle ground of the two options you seem to be playing up... 

You missing the point. They’ve been saying rain everyday and 40’s/ 50’s . Someone said May 05 earlier. I’ve been saying 2 days of bad rainy weather with warrming and improving each day thereafter. It’s all there in the posts. That’s all I’m saying 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You missing the point. They’ve been saying rain everyday and 40’s/ 50’s . Someone said May 05 earlier. I’ve been saying 2 days of bad rainy weather with warrming and improving each day thereafter. It’s all there in the posts. That’s all I’m saying 

So no Heatwave?

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just reading it with no real vested interest it seems like it’s somewhere in the middle with a few vague posts.  I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone call for a week of 40s, but maybe it’s there.  

Warming and improving each day sounds like it would make sense but that’s also what Will appeared to post.  It doesn’t mean 75F and full bluebird but it doesn’t mean 52F and heavy rain.  It could just be 60s with spot showers, which is an improvement from Mon/Tue.

I dont know, it seems like semantics and trying to glean too much from a week long forecast represented by only icons.  

I see 70F and 73F there and assume most of the state is in the 60s outside the CT Valley.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Just reading it with no real vested interest it seems like it’s somewhere in the middle with a few vague posts.  I’m not sure I’ve seen anyone call for a week of 40s, but maybe it’s there.  

Warming and improving each day sounds like it would make sense but that’s also what Will appeared to post.  It doesn’t mean 75F and full bluebird but it doesn’t mean 52F and heavy rain.  It could just be 60s with spot showers, which is an improvement from Mon/Tue.

I dont know, it seems like semantics and trying to glean too much from a week long forecast represented by only icons.  

I see 70F and 73F there and assume most of the state is in the 60s outside the CT Valley.

Yeah I said Wed/Thu aren’t as bad as Mon/Tue but Kevin was too optimistic. He better hope Euro is wrong because that is flat out trash through Thursday. 

It looks decidedly nicer up here temp wise to CNE/SNE every day next week except Monday. 

Max Temps on the EURO... Canada looks to enjoy a nice week.  Look at Northern Quebec... by Friday it's pushing 80F up at James Bay.

Tuesday...

1.thumb.png.92300b65d1b87d3d42e31b496603469e.png

Wednesday...

2.thumb.png.718e1830806bc8089a11641c800ff4a5.png

Thursday...

3.thumb.png.5ada959c6e80c4dc52603ffb2e6c9b94.png

Friday...

4.thumb.png.7617217b6d814974eec9da1f3675c502.png

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ryan > Euro 

Agreed but his forecast is for BDL/HFD whereas ours is for Tolland and when you are forecasting out at day 6, there’s no reason to go too crazy away from climo. Thursday definitely has the most uncertainty to it. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Agreed but his forecast is for BDL/HFD whereas ours is for Tolland and when you are forecasting out at day 6, there’s no reason to go too crazy away from climo. Thursday definitely has the most uncertainty to it. 

But I guess the difference is you guys have cloudy and rain all week except you said possibly save Friday. I have W, T, F dry with some sun each day 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

But I guess the difference is you guys have cloudy and rain all week except you said possibly save Friday. I have W, T, F dry with some sun each day 

I never claimed anything about how much rain on Wed/Thu. I told you what the Euro showed. 

We have our high temps drawn out. You’ll win if there is decent sun each day though you said 59 on Wednesday so you are largely going with a shit day there. 

If not, then I’m going to be closer. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I never claimed anything about how much rain on Wed/Thu. I told you what the Euro showed. 

We have our high temps drawn out. You’ll win if there is decent sun each day though you said 59 on Wednesday so you are largely going with a shit day there. 

If not, then I’m going to be closer. 

Have you seen numbers from Ginx or Scooter?

It actually originally had that look ... flipping more dramatically so .. but then this rhea low bullied in using oddly weak initial mechanical wave space in ending up with that look, too hint hint.. could be the models are bullying it in - we’ll see. 

Something is going to be there… I just don’t know where to place it and I also don’t agree that the amplitude has to be correct. I think the models could be overdoing it; we’ve had periodic weaker solutions, and we’re also having trouble with continuity and that includes the euro.  I wouldn’t hang anyone’s hat on the euro solution just yet. 

Either way this features just tainting the hell out of that original signal. If one visualizes it removed .. we have our first heat wave; the whole sensible week is being guided by this thing that just came out of nowhere about four days ago in the guidance

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It looks decidedly nicer up here temp wise to CNE/SNE every day next week except Monday. 

Max Temps on the EURO... Canada looks to enjoy a nice week.  Look at Northern Quebec... by Friday it's pushing 80F up at James Bay.

Tuesday...

1.thumb.png.92300b65d1b87d3d42e31b496603469e.png

Wednesday...

2.thumb.png.718e1830806bc8089a11641c800ff4a5.png

Thursday...

3.thumb.png.5ada959c6e80c4dc52603ffb2e6c9b94.png

Friday...

4.thumb.png.7617217b6d814974eec9da1f3675c502.png

I live in Kitchener Ontario (hour west of Toronto) and I will go crazy if Northern Ontario/Quebec hits 70 degrees before we do. 

And yet it will likely happen this Wednesday. Unreal. 

Raw NAM numbers off the 00Z have nice weekend days on this run ...

I mean that really looks like it’s gonna be 73 and dryer again here in the interior. Logan is going to get butt banged by a pretty potent seabreeze .. mid afternoon. That’ll work its way in but it’ll be several hours of really nice weather before that happens out through the Worcester Hills   

Sunday the wind is light and variable under mostly sun