Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No cold anywhere. Just late Spring 522 thicknesses.

Unbelievable. The euro run is just ridiculous looking. 

Glad ive been outside most of today enjoying it. Not gonna be back for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Unbelievable. The euro run is just ridiculous looking. 

Glad ive been outside most of today enjoying it. Not gonna be back for a long time. 

522 thickness mid day Saturday over us.   Awful Mother’s Day weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I think models had too much cloud cover too. Clouds were moving out by 8a today. 

There were quite a few clouds here.  Clouds/sun until about 1:30, then to almost full sun now.

56 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

My son christened the pool. He's hypothermic nowcd0adadf6e5814cf5b69d7aa96823671.jpg

Just a little ballsy given the last month.

Solid and classic spring MOS bust in the midst of 30 year climate brain having one end be low and the near end being high - maybe...

I could see that happening with the ECMWF/mid month flashing the other way rather abruptly...  I realize others were onto this earlier too but it also occurred to me on that bike ride ...it is not that uncommon to see a climate corrective departure occur within a month of extremity like that.   It'll be -5 for 10 straight days, then + 10 for 5 ... end up normal after 15 ... type of numerical layouts do have a precedence for extended duration balancing...  -20 for 4 days ... then +8 20 ... with + 1/3 for another month  shenanigans.

I could see us flipping with that -PNA that's shown up all at once in the extended over here in the GEFs...

Before that, I wouldn't be surprised if we clocked a snow event out of this thing.  I've seen snow in 6 different May's since 2000 under less impressive conditions. Past doesn't mean future and all that jazz but still - that's a sick look. 

Perhaps a month of extremes underway

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Shocking

(Opening up winter playbook, turning to page 6)

Its right where we want it.  Day 7 progs are never right so it’s good the models aren’t showing it.  

(Turns to page 8 in playbook)

Its a classic case of the models seeing a snowstorm at day 8-10 but losing it in the middle range.  Expect it to come back around 4 days out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

(Opening up winter playbook, turning to page 6)

Its right where we want it.  Day 7 progs are never right so it’s good the models aren’t showing it.  

(Turns to page 8 in playbook)

Its a classic case of the models seeing a snowstorm at day 8-10 but losing it in the middle range.  Expect it to come back around 4 days out.

Lol this is classic. 

we have only swollen buds in the overriding canopy species here in Ayer, but we are in a radiative/climo cooled valley and it's been uniquely cool this last month - ha.

May 3rd is the latest since I've lived here that we hadn't seen sugar maples ( at least ..) in sweet fragrant bloom.  What's likely to happen here is yesterday, last nights balm, today's relative heat, tonight's balm and tomorrows ... 68 -ish will be enough to trigger a green flash but ... ooph, you almost want/need these progs to really bust then because this is a nightmare perfect failure set up for apple/pear orchard industries.  Lagged spring signal, sudden spring signal... foliage triggers with abandon, followed by acute cold attack?  interesting -