• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Already 54°. Deep down I think even ineedsnow is enjoying this weather. As for Mitch...doubt it. 

Had some black flies and mosquitoes last night. So basically we didn’t get to enjoy even one nice day this spring before those bastards made an appearance. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Already 54°. Deep down I think even ineedsnow is enjoying this weather. As for Mitch...doubt it. 

Had some black flies and mosquitoes last night. So basically we didn’t get to enjoy even one nice day this spring before those bastards made an appearance. 

Black flies emerged here this weekend but so far I haven’t seen any mosquitoes.  Those are coming soon

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol the dude is trying to spin his horrendous call after the 4/19 snow event. He specifically talked about the cold source in Canada being exhausted. The opposite had happened and we’re seeing an epic reload. 

It's clear he just rolls with it and doesn't acknowledge a change. Ever since his Hurricane Michael Cat 1 call....yeesh.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Beauty, looks like I bring the deck cushions and dog beds in tonight.  My wife said to me yesterday that she was so happy for the beautiful weather to finally be here. Asked me when I was planting, I couldn't bear to tell her. It was her first day off in a 7 weeks, glad she enjoyed it. 

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Far from it I hate summer lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

we have only swollen buds in the overriding canopy species here in Ayer, but we are in a radiative/climo cooled valley and it's been uniquely cool this last month - ha.

May 3rd is the latest since I've lived here that we hadn't seen sugar maples ( at least ..) in sweet fragrant bloom.  What's likely to happen here is yesterday, last nights balm, today's relative heat, tonight's balm and tomorrows ... 68 -ish will be enough to trigger a green flash but ... ooph, you almost want/need these progs to really bust then because this is a nightmare perfect failure set up for apple/pear orchard industries.  Lagged spring signal, sudden spring signal... foliage triggers with abandon, followed by acute cold attack?  interesting -

That describes 1999 (killed my freshly planted Reliant peach tree) and 2010 (killed new shoots of ash, oak and some maple, plus all the blossoms on our apple trees.)  Highly doubt it will happen this year, as the BN April is far different from April 2010 (+5) and early May '10 had 2 days at 81.  (Then 5/11 dawned at 22° - disastah!)  Yesterday's 69 was just about perfect, and the only green is on the willows, though buds have broken on hophornbeam and cherry, and red maple is in full flower.

41 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Enjoyed a mouthful out on the bike. They are out in force.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like we slowly warm next week back 65-70 by middle of week and around 18-20th back to what we had over the weekend. During snow there’s always talk about it all being a dream with looks to the warm extended. Friday there was talk of coming cold with 2 dats of summer still in front of us. 

I could see that by end of next week.