Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

22 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Do we wake up tomorrow to some flakes flying or a wet coating on mulch/rooftops tomorrow morning from here to @alex?

Some models are showing just enough of an upslope response on CAA late tonight with surface temps in the low 30s that there could be some -SHSN flying in NNE tomorrow morning.

Tonight... Cloudy with a chance of rain showers. A chance of snow showers after midnight. Snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches possible. Lows in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

gfs-deterministic-vt-t2m_f-8669200.thumb.png.3d0616ce385ef7fb49a0156704dd6a0c.png

gfs-deterministic-vt-snow_24hr-8712400.thumb.png.33ed25fd3bcf9cf6a8e6091985513716.png

I guess the answer was yes :)

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thursday should be mostly dry. Could be a passing sprinkle and some clouds around, but I wouldn't cancel a birthday golf outing over it.

Friday though...it’s too close to make it a call right now. We’ll wait another day maybe until Thursday...I doubt times will get booked. 

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Looking at web cams and pictures its amazing how without skier traffic the mountains have retained so much snow this year.  I mean you look at Sunday River and you could easily ski everything except south ridge. 

I've wondered how much the lack of skier traffic has contributed to retention. I check the Sugarloaf webcams daily, you can ski the entire mountain. PF has said same of Stowe. I wish the Wildcat base cam was on but I'm sure they are loaded given what you see at BW. Just crazy.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Friday though...it’s too close to make it a call right now. We’ll wait another day maybe until Thursday...I doubt times will get booked. 

Friday could get dicey PM. Go morning but it will be chilly. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Angus said:

I've wondered how much the lack of skier traffic has contributed to retention. I check the Sugarloaf webcams daily, you can ski the entire mountain. PF has said same of Stowe. I wish the Wildcat base cam was on but I'm sure they are loaded given what you see at BW. Just crazy.

It’s probably helped...esp lower down..but we should also remember it’s been very cold during the period where the fastest melt-off occurs. Usually all that snow is releasing really quickly in late April and early May but we’ve been really cold during that period. 

It's a mean, but the MSLP sort of showed a WF to our south. If we have westerly flow, it will be beautiful...but that look also promoted possible onshore flow too. You can't really get a sense of what may happen this far out, because Spring tends to muddy the signals. It is definitely a bounce back in terms of no ridiculous troughs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's a mean, but the MSLP sort of showed a WF to our south. If we have westerly flow, it will be beautiful...but that look also promoted possible onshore flow too. You can't really get a sense of what may happen this far out, because Spring tends to muddy the signals. It is definitely a bounce back in terms of no ridiculous troughs. 

Absolutely true . Hopefully a sign real warmth will overtake after the 15th although LR models and weeklies say not so fast

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There also has been a tendency for low pressure to develop a bit more SE Friday night. It's not out of the question areas flip to snow if some guidance is to be believed. Worth watching.

Yeah that has slowly trended SE....could see interior hills flip over before ending. Then we get the chance at cold pool thunder snow showers and thunder graupel showers on Saturday.

2 hours ago, Angus said:

It has helped a lot IMO.  It’s also not grooming the slopes every night.  Groomers are big heavy machines that “open up the snowpack”.... they till through those ice layers that protect the pack.