• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March Medium/Long Range Disco

CAPE

Gfs is close day 7. Low scoots out to sea, But the Arctic high over the great lakes is impressive. Id rather just give up on this winter but I've had my eyes on that high pressure for a couple days now.  Might be the best of the season actually.

22 hours ago, Ji said:

that is one nasty -EPO  -NAO lol and we still ridgin

gfs_z500a_namer_65.png

It's not impressive at all on the ens mean. EPO is further south and west as it has been for months, and LOL at the NAO.. a few hours of ridging blowing through the NA. Doesn't even sniff bootleg criteria.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

It's not impressive at all on the ens mean. EPO is further south and west as it has been for months, and LOL at the NAO.. a few hours of ridging blowing through the NA. Doesn't even sniff bootleg criteria.

A little late to the party man...this post was from back in the good old days before covid-19 and politics took over banter.

• Haha 2

Thanks for the ensembles.  Perhaps going forward continue ending them at 18Z 31 March. 

Would be interesting to see if any of the perturbed members are more skillful.  Of course, this would not be possible to determine this year when the least snowiest is almost always if not always the most accurate.

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

18z Eps looks coldest run yet for the day 6+ timeframe.  Verbatim pretty impressive temperatures for  near late March coming into the conus at 144 .  Probably realistically maby the last frozen opportunity if we can time a storm.  I know Amped has mentioned this timeframe already . Something to watch .

Given we don’t really want cold with regard to the virus (on the chance that warmth will help), that kinda sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

18z Eps looks coldest run yet for the day 6+ timeframe.  Verbatim pretty impressive temperatures for  near late March coming into the conus at 144 .  Probably realistically maby the last frozen opportunity if we can time a storm.  I know Amped has mentioned this timeframe already . Something to watch .

No offense but that sounds gross.  Give me sunny, seasonably warm temps at this point.  40s and rain (lets be real, that’s what we’re looking at) here in late March sounds miserable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nj2va said:

No offense but that sounds gross.  Give me sunny, seasonably warm temps at this point.  40s and rain (lets be real, that’s what we’re looking at) here in late March sounds miserable.  

Yea, it’s spring, why anyone be rooting for very cold weather right now given this pandemic we are in is beyond me. Cold weather would make an already really horrible situation worse with this virus, it would help spread it even more

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's a weather board. It's what we do here . Track weather :D its  not  a Corona board or political board.

It is a weather board yes but why would anyone root for cold right now when it would make this pandemic even worse? Possibly way worse. Winter is over, it’s spring 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

It is a weather board yes but why would anyone root for cold right now when it would make this pandemic even worse? Possibly way worse. Winter is over, it’s spring 

Rooting for cold, or anything, has zero impact on the chances of it occurring. If this really disturbs you, perhaps you should not venture into this thread.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

It's a weather board.  It's still a bit of winter to go .It's what we do here . Track weather :D its  not  a Corona board or political board.

Met winter is over. There are 68 hours of astronomical winter left. The window you're citing is during Springtime. It. is. over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

If rooting had any effect on the weather, then you'd be having to exit your home from the second story windows right now.   I think it's safe to root for whatever weather you want without affecting anyone else or spreading Corona.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

If rooting had any effect on the weather, then you'd be having to exit your home from the second story windows right now.   I think it's safe to root for whatever weather you want without affecting anyone else or spreading Corona.

Rooting obviously has no effect on the weather. My point was that why would anyone in their right mind want/wish for cold weather right now? Besides the fact that it’s spring, put that aside, sustained, anomalous cold weather right now would dramatically worsen an already very bad health crisis in this country

52 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Rooting obviously has no effect on the weather. My point was that why would anyone in their right mind want/wish for cold weather right now? Besides the fact that it’s spring, put that aside, sustained, anomalous cold weather right now would dramatically worsen an already very bad health crisis in this country

It doesn't matter. This is a medium-long range discussion thread for weather enthusiasts. None of this stuff is relevant here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Noted. You can feel better than everyone else now. Moving on. 

• H2O unpinned this topic