Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Disco

CAPE

27 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yup there it is just in time to be just too late. 

7F5C43F3-00FA-415E-A2F5-623FDC4F50CA.thumb.png.809933fdf9b4f5b887a5c640d7564399.png

Eh, at this point it's whatever...I'm waiting for the summer when we can start getting ENSO clues, lol

I'll have to play a bit of a fool to go against your 5-10" prediction...but since we've never gone through a solar minimum without profiting with at least an average winter...I'll go with history and hope it continues, lol

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Eh, at this point it's whatever...I'm waiting for the summer when we can start getting ENSO clues, lol

I'll have to play a bit of a fool to go against your 5-10" prediction...but since we've never gone through a solar minimum without profiting with at least an average winter...I'll go with history and hope it continues, lol

Yea but they include like a year before and 2 after in that so it could be the year after next. But the fact the NAO is due to flip base states is one thing to hold out hope on. But there are more negatives than positives in the always murky long range crystal ball. But honestly that’s normal. Our base state is suck. 

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea but they include like a year before and 2 after in that so it could be the year after next. But the fact the NAO is due to flip base states is one thing to hold out hope on. But there are more negatives than positives in the always murky long range crystal ball. But honestly that’s normal. Our base state is suck. 

Are you sure about that? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, the benefits usually happened either the winter of the minimum (i.e if the minimum was like October and the winter that followed was good--like the 1995 minimum) or the following winter (which is what happened with the 2008 minimum) That's why I was thinking this winter would count as one and perhaps whatever lag effect there is we would see next winter.

47 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea...I just peeked for 10 seconds lol. I'm just keeping the thread from total death and keeping things loose  around here:D . It's still winter and a couple weeks left of tracking possible winter threats especially nw of the cities .

Pretty nice event for the m/d line.

• H2O unpinned this topic