Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Verbatim looks like we get some ice...with the worse up in the Litchfield Hills (in terms of CT) with a significant ice event eastern NY into central New England 

Ya that'll change 15 times by Sunday...so not even worth worrying about where any of it is at this point.  This is what supposed day...Wednesday? 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

This reminds me...remember that whole ridiculous idea the a KU storm couldn't occur during a La Nina (think it was La Nina)...and then it finally happened :lol: I remember we had a few discussions about this either at a conference or a g2g

Anyways though...I don't disagree with you at all...plus it's all about presentation and backing up your analysis...which you do just about as good as anyone. 

Yea, KU events are more favored during el nino, but obviously they happen during all phases of ENSO.

I actually think my presentation needs alot of work, as some have pointed out....my key points get lost in the verbose explanations of general concepts. I will address that next year by leaving that out and referencing it via hyperlinks.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I actually think my presentation needs alot of work, as some have pointed out....my key points get lost in the verbose explanations of general concepts. I will address that next year by leaving that out and referencing it via hyperlinks.

I have that same problem. I've sort of gotten away from it though...moreso just b/c of time. 

but I liked doing it in hopes of teaching those who are interested in learning more...or sparking them to gain an interest. I think the reason why I've done it is b/c when I was trying to learn I killed for in-depth discussions...I wasn't looking to be told the answers...but be presented with enough of a basic background to pave the path for me to explore more. 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I have that same problem. I've sort of gotten away from it though...moreso just b/c of time. 

but I liked doing it in hopes of teaching those who are interested in learning more...or sparking them to gain an interest. I think the reason why I've done it is b/c when I was trying to learn I killed for in-depth discussions...I wasn't looking to be told the answers...but be presented with enough of a basic background to pave the path for me to explore more. 

Exactly why I do it....also refreshes my understanding from the ground up each fall.

I will just link it, though, and review myself before writing each fall. I get the frustration of having to refer back to p63, paragraph two as if we are the supreme court interpreting the law. I do all of this work, and no one remembers the forecast.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Today’s EPS definitely emphasize wintry potential on wave 1 

Don’t get married to the exact outputs though. These are almost guaranteed to change several times. 

76661934-81E1-4C1C-9A6A-048CD61419F3.png

B7DB24BB-747D-4EC6-9D5E-F991E35A8F8C.png

Definitely big change from yesterday with a decent high over QC (wasn't much yesterday) and obviously the tick south with the boundary.