Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

January 18th Event

26 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You guys are gonna get pasted!

Jeb if only that were true.  We'd all synchronize a mass Jeb Walk in your honor.  If sheer willpower could make it happen, we'd have a BECS inbound.  Can't even believe I'm up past 2:30 watching the radar fill in from the SW, even though much of it is likely not reaching the ground.  If we get anything more than a dusting in NOVA that will be success...  Those guys ivo Parr's ridge stand a far better shot at something at least conversational.  

Currently 25F/20dp just N of Vienna

25 minutes ago, RDM said:

Jeb if only that were true.  We'd all synchronize a mass Jeb Walk in your honor.  If sheer willpower could make it happen, we'd have a BECS inbound.  Can't even believe I'm up past 2:30 watching the radar fill in from the SW, even though much of it is likely not reaching the ground.  If we get anything more than a dusting in NOVA that will be success...  Those guys ivo Parr's ridge stand a far better shot at something at least conversational.  

Currently 25F/20dp just N of Vienna

I was just looking at the weenie radar and it looks pretty good! I haven’t looked at reality, but it’s 3 in the morning so who cares?

I've had two decent batches of moisture go overhead here in last 3 hours, zero flakes reached the ground. DRY DRY DRY in the sky! Some returns were 25/30dbz's! Maybe Blacksburg has radar in clear air. Anyway, still waiting after what looked decent from the sky here. Currently 31.7/14.9

23 degrees here in Union bridge. That juicy band will be all snow for north DC Suburbs and Baltimore proper.  Wouldn’t be surprised to see an inch or inch and a half up this way. 850 Temps will spike not long after noon.  

23 here in Essex, MD.  I'm really not expecting anything from narrow band approaching the area.  Not even going to waste my time looking at a model now, just gonna stick my head out of the window from this point on.  At least it feels like winter for a change

This is a bust. Oh well. I got my day off today for what seems like it’s going to be almost nothing. By the time good precip comes in I bet I’ll be rain. 

Of course I’ll get the area of precipitation that is broken:lol: Fitting, considering I haven’t received 1 full inch from any storm and probably only about 1.5” total on the season 

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Still snow/sleet here... everything white... accumulation close to an inch

Ours is done.  Not an inch.  Must have juiced up as it departed my yard for yours. Congrats! 

10 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Ours is done.  Not an inch.  Must have juiced up as it departed my yard for yours. Congrats! 

Maybe a few flakes around noon.

1 minute ago, weatherCCB said:

Nothing here . Dry air did it’s dirty work.

Places that didn’t have a WWA . Got the best snow with this first band

My family sent me pics from Michigan.  Impressive by our standards.  For them it’s a random winter day. This could have been a good hit for us but I will take what I got.  

22 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Of course I’ll get the area of precipitation that is broken:lol: Fitting, considering I haven’t received 1 full inch from any storm and probably only about 1.5” total on the season 

Southern end of it looks impressive on radar. Maybe Cambridge to Salisbury will get a surprise. Sure looks pathetic for my yard, as usual lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Southern end of it looks impressive on radar. Maybe Cambridge to Salisbury will get a surprise. Sure looks pathetic for my yard, as usual lol.

If I would have known I would have chased to an eastern shore brewery lol 

2 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Maybe a few flakes around noon.

You won’t be playing with your toy today...keep it tucked away and juiced up  

No doubt the dry air doing its dirty work in areas with dews teens and single digits. 20 or above looks to have gotten some ground truth . I actually thought it would moisten up quickly enough. 

PhotoPictureResizer_200118_070454613_crop_1440x1678.jpg

• Like 1