SnowIsMyName

January Discobs 2020

9 hours ago, WVclimo said:

January so far:

DCA +8.0

BWI +8.9

IAD + 7.7

June-uary.

I haven’t seen the mood this dire here since 2011-12.

Hey! Look at that, just crossed over the 32 mark. Yesterday's high was 33.7, about 2.5 hours above freezing. The day before never made freezing at 29.5 degrees for a high. Actually feels like winter in the middle of this Mayuary. Peribonca, I haven't worn a coat HERE this winter yet, but in Colorado I did 2 days when it was 10 for a high and -13 one morning and -8 the other.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, WEATHER53 said:

4-5” here since Sunday afternoon, very light flurries currently and 18 

So summary was 4-5” Sunday and Monday, blowing, never got above 20 from Sunday into this morning 

Good winter buzz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wxdude64 said:

WWA issued for my area for late tonight into morning for a mix of junk. Maybe we can get the ground white......

Good luck! Hope you get something!

14 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

WWA issued for my area for late tonight into morning for a mix of junk. Maybe we can get the ground white......

Good luck down there!

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Mesos spitting out around 2 inches of rain tomorrow morning.  Looks like some hefty downpours . Mattie Gs Daffodils and grass patch should get a good drink:D

Finally something interesting. This winter is about as interesting as our boring hot summers. 

10 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Looking forward to the puddles tomorrow morning....thats a good bit of QPF in just about 4 hours. Would be sweet if it were snow lol

Sure would!!

And just imagine if you were around to witness March 19 1958 when over 4.00 + inches of qpf fell mostly as heavy S++ snow in central Md 

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Sure would!!

And just imagine if you were around to witness March 19 1958 when over 4.00 + inches of qpf fell mostly as heavy S++ snow in central Md 

I have no idea about that storm. Way past my age and I haven’t studied it...I’m guessing northern Baltimore did a lot better than BWI?

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I have no idea about that storm. Way past my age and I haven’t studied it...I’m guessing northern Baltimore did a lot better than BWI?

Yea...every 100' in elevation was hugeee in that storm for sure . Mount  Washington part of Bmore got around 2' . Downtown at 50' or less I believe got 6" or so . N+W got 24 to 33" of wet paste . Loved have experienced that one .Manchester might have gotten even more then 33"

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea...every 100' in elevation was hugeee in that storm for sure . Mount  Washington part of Bmore got around 2' . Downtown at 50' or less I believe got 6" or so . N+W got 24 to 33" of wet paste . Loved have experienced that one .Manchester might have gotten even more then 33"

Wow. I’m not sure I’ve ever hear of a range quite like that. Interesting 

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I think PSU is on a mission to will us an event like that one. He references it quite frequently. 

So 

Just now, HighStakes said:

I think PSU is on a mission to will us an event like that one. He references it quite frequently. 

So do I. Can u imagine Qpf like that . Must have been parachutes falling for hours upon hours lol

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I didn’t imagine you being that old either lol no disrespect 

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

He isn't.

49/40 with rain approaching.

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Hell no . I'm not 85 lol. Just studied the storm . One I wish I could have experienced 

Wish I could teleport back in time :thumbsup: