Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is no pig. In fact the opposite. We’ll have to watch after the 7 for something but as stated  before it’s a yo yo look. The SE ridge may flex in response to Aleutian ridge. 

We currently have a pig.  Looks better by end of 1st week of Jan though.  As you stated though, we may have to contend with SE ridging.  Would help if we had some downstream blocking.

5 hours ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

It's gonna be tough with the MJO progged to go into a high 4/5.  Maybe things improve towards the last week in January.  Was it 2007 or 2008 when we went from a mild January to a very cold and sleet-filled February?

While I believe it goes into 4/5 I am not sure on the amplitude.  The tendency the last month or two has been for it to want to be lower amplitude than show 10-20 days out. 

10 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Looks like we are stepping back into a gradient pattern with the best snows in far northern sections. Kinda like last year. Hopefully it's only for the first couple of weeks in Jan and after, we return to having chances. 

It looks horrific for snow in SNE. Up there you’re fine 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It looks horrific for snow in SNE. Up there you’re fine 

Horrific...no.   Subpar....yes.   Horrific is 2011-12.  Warm and dry.  Subpar is different.  In some ways it reminds me of 2004-05....January was lost for 2 weeks followed by a rapid turn around to deep winter for 6 weeks.  But even in the 2 weeks of drek...we got a decent snow event.