• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mcninja
    Newest Member
    Mcninja

Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

7 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

I dont think any of them had the foot that many in the county received... And BOX blew it by not issuing a WSW for the area as well..  Positive busts, while somewhat rare, are definitely preferable to negative ones.

I don't think they blew it. They just didn't think widespread 6+ (did anyone?), and by the time they realized what was happening it was too late. It could have gone the other way too, and they would get criticized for it. It's easy to be the Monday morning quarterback.

Man. All of these convective elements are virga too. What a disastah. 

Congrats though guys and gals. Pretty epic for everyone south of here. 

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mesos had me with 0 snow when I went to bed..... like we said nowcast the crap out of this beast

Yeah. I was surprised to wake up to 5-6 new, and I went to bed late, probably midnight, and got up at 5:30, so that shit came in like Miley Cyrus wrecking ball style...fast, furious, and a bit nasty.   

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Mesos had me with 0 snow when I went to bed..... like we said nowcast the crap out of this beast

It certainly appears to be incoming

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I want to thank the folks on the water for melting-brought it back in from the dead!

It wasn't just folks on the water. Although I may have raised the sea level by a few feet with my melt.

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Maybe our biggest since 2001?   October 2011 gave me 22” in one day.  

Jan 2011 was more here.  Feb 2013 was on par.  Then you'd have to go back to Feb 01.  Wow, what company.

2 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Our biggest since moving here. Prior to this I believe it was December 2016 we got 20" in Amherst from a single event.

I don’t really remember that one. I remember getting a couple events but not a big 20” one.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man. All of these convective elements are virga too. What a disastah. 

Congrats though guys and gals. Pretty epic for everyone south of here. 

Yes, they look intense but are not.  One came through 45 minutes ago and gave me a 5 minute moderate but others are just few flakes flying

Very light snow falling.   3.3" from round one and 1.5" from round two     4.8" storm total which is about what I was expecting with this system.  Really a nothing burger in Dendriteland but I was never invested.  Congrats to the many that got a good storm!

9 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Yeah. I was surprised to wake up to 5-6 new, and I went to bed late, probably midnight, and got up at 5:30, so that shit came in like Miley Cyrus wrecking ball style...fast, furious, and a bit 

Beautiful too.

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

You can actually see on WV and GYX radar, the 'low' or at least one of the many centers, is still sort of backing in from GOM

Double barrels 

13 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

I don't think they blew it. They just didn't think widespread 6+ (did anyone?), and by the time they realized what was happening it was too late. It could have gone the other way too, and they would get criticized for it. It's easy to be the Monday morning quarterback.

They had ORH county in a WWA for 8 to 12. It happens 

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It wasn't just folks on the water. Although I may have raised the sea level by a few feet with my melt.

Which of course brought the baroclinic zone more tucked in. You're welcome

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Yes, they look intense but are not.  One came through 45 minutes ago and gave me a 5 minute moderate but others are just few flakes flying

Very light snow falling.   3.3" from round one and 1.5" from round two     4.8" storm total which is about what I was expecting with this system.  Really a nothing burger in Dendriteland but I was never invested.  Congrats to the many that got a good storm!

You beat me in both rounds. It looks to be doing the same thing at home. I saw some big flakes pop up on cam for a few minutes when that 30-35dBZ went trough, but nbd otherwise. Ill probably end up with under 4" total when all is said and done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

id like to make a map for CT in the next 24 hours or so, so once more can you tag me or message me so i dont have to go back through 61 pages, ty!

Dylan , check in here to wkevin.com

19 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Cmon dude.. Dont you recall seeing days and days of model prognostications showing most of CT outside of Fairfield county with near nada?  Those maps will be permanently etched in my memory. And those areas that were portrayed as such, especially central ct counties, received 8-12 more than was being portrayed..   Thats a big bust for this area.