Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lines up fairly well based on radar. 

Yes it does.  I didn’t expect this light snow at all this morning either.  NBC 30 last night said a lull for us for most all day until “possibly”  late in the afternoon...so this surprised/is surprising. And our temps stayed cold..32 degrees too.  No rain here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes it does.  I didn’t expect this light snow at all this morning either.  NBC 30 last night said a lull for us for most all day until “possibly”  late in the afternoon...so this surprised/is surprising. And our temps stayed cold..32 degrees too.  No rain here.

Models had us at 35/36 and raining most of the day. They typically do well torching the mid levels but then they think the surface has to follow. 

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

BTV WRF  has a heavy band setting up 20 miles either side Concord NH and dropping 1.0 QPF this afternoon into 4z

and then smacks Eastern Areas after 6z with heavy snows. mostly inside 495

sounds lovely but I don't see a sign of it on radar.  That little band that was sitting here gave nothing but a few flurries.  What time is that band supposed to set up and about when?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Models had us at 35/36 and raining most of the day. They typically do well torching the mid levels but then they think the surface has to follow. 

You’re right.

I was out driving last night at about 10, everything was coated in a fairly thick coating of ice..roads were thick slush..and it was a freezing mist at 31 degrees..temps didn’t budge all night..trees still frozen in the morning, and then this snow has moved in.  

43 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Did my first snow blowing session of the season. This was an easy one compared to what we usually get this type of year.  
Constant mood flakes as well although they aren’t adding much if anything. 

A bit breezy

Nice Hunchie,  no school I take it. How was your trip yesterday . Berkshire East 

Gery Trees Altered_0.jpg

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The reports coming out of there are crazy.  A bunch of 20-spots now showing up.

NWS Met with 20" now right in the heart of the Capital District at Clifton Park.

They have had some big storms lately. 

All this "The Hudson Valley doesn't snow with East flow at 850mb".... this should put that to bed.

The PNS from ALB is nutz 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice Hunchie,  no school I take it. How was your trip yesterday . Berkshire East 

Gery Trees Altered_0.jpg

Is that Pony O?   Drove to Bristol and back by noon. Out to the wilds of Hardwick for my daughter’s thing. Drive home was white knuckle.  Very hilly and twisty.  One of the more interesting drives I’ve done in a while

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Is that Pony O?   Drove to Bristol and back by noon. Out to the wilds of Hardwick for my daughter’s thing. Drive home was white knuckle.  Very hilly and twisty.  One of the more interesting drives I’ve done in a while

Ouch . Not Pete but he and Eric are there. My wife had a white knuckle in her new truck and slid down a hill then remembered to put it in 4 wheel drive lol. You can't make it up

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ouch . Not Pete but he and Eric are there. My wife had a white knuckle in her new truck and slid down a hill then remembered to put it in 4 wheel drive lol. You can't make it up

I was going down one hill just using the brakes, no gas, maybe 10 mph.  Sliding for a good chunk.  AWD helped a bunch on the uphill parts.