• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Happy Birthday Old Man Winter storm obs

Ginx snewx

PERFECT Storm Example of why people need to LEARN How to measure snow.  I Barely have 3" in Cumberland, but my Total is 6.75" with a chance of hitting a foot by Storms end.  

- 2” from 4pm to 10pm  
- 4.25” from 10pm to Changeover to Rain  
- 0.5” since Changeover back to Snow.  
- Total = 6.75"  
- The 6 Hours of Rain overnight pushed 6.25" down to 2.75"/3".  People would just wake up and measure that after going to bed with 2" on the ground and think they only got 1".  

1 minute ago, TheSnowman said:

PERFECT Storm Example of why people need to LEARN How to measure snow.  I Barely have 3" in Cumberland, but my Total is 6.75" with a chance of hitting a foot by Storms end.  

- 2” from 4pm to 10pm  
- 4.25” from 10pm to Changeover to Rain  
- 0.5” since Changeover back to Snow.  
- Total = 6.75"  
- The 6 Hours of Rain overnight pushed 6.25" down to 2.75"/3".  People would just wake up and measure that after going to bed with 2" on the ground and think they only got 1".  

Thought you left for 10 daya

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol Orh county gets 9 to 12 yesterday under a WWA and Boston expected 6 to 8 under a WSW. Might as well scrape the whole thing and just go with impact statements 

Sometimes I wonder.

We had nothing for 3+ inches of snow and sleet last night and now we have a WWA for what looks like isn’t going to amount to much 

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

Hard hard sell. No way those additional amounts will verify with all modeling pulling the rug at 18z

It’s funny that the best models in the world often show a good storm and make it look great then have a hard time being progressive enough until 12 hours out. It’s a cruel bias lol . Yes I’m happy w my snow just not big money models that blow 

15 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

No photo description available.

The band from the northern Mass border down to the pike should reach these 2-3" totals in western Mass by 7-8pm. Would love for a delayed UMass opening tomorrow. Shocked they closed today. First snowday during classes in about 4 years.

Sell, Mortimer! Sell, sell!