Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Long duration 8-13” limiting the impacts warrants the WWA and not a WSW?

No common sense at all imo.

”if we have 5.67” snow in 24.2 hours then 3.9” in 7.2 hours that falls under  our criteria “ 

just act like your going w bullish guidance if you need to satisfy some stone clad criteria for a common sense call

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Agree with DIT. Nice overnight trends reducing the CT sucker hole. Looking like a major multi model fake out from yesterday and back to being a fun storm regardless of precip type and amounts. 

ASOUT.  I knew that sucker hole -for the whole state- was BS on the runs.  That made zero sense. Sure they’ll be subsidence holes in areas, but not like that was showing. 

• Like 1

Amazing we haven't figured out round 2 yet. Heck round 1 is hard enough to forecast right now. 

My gut says round 1 underperforms (relatively speaking) and round 2 overperforms. 

I think ORH is good for 8-14" but in the back of my mind I'm concerned they keep racking it up all day Monday on NE flow and they never ping or just briefly ping...BOS somewhere around 6-10". Jackpot zone is N ORH county over to Chris's 'hood and maybe monads and Mitch in S VT. 

And because Kevin will whine if I don't make a CT prediction. I'd go 6-10 there as well. 

Theres obviously some bigger than normal bust potential with this storm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Agree with DIT. Nice overnight trends reducing the CT sucker hole. Looking like a major multi model fake out from yesterday and back to being a fun storm regardless of precip type and amounts. 

That was ugly for a while...If it was 6-12 hours out I would have been more worried, but there was no way that look was going to hold for 24+ hours....can we say 6-10?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Amazing we haven't figured out round 2 yet. Heck round 1 is hard enough to forecast right now. 

My gut says round 1 underperforms (relatively speaking) and round 2 overperforms. 

I think ORH is good for 8-14" but in the back of my mind I'm concerned they keep racking it up all day Monday on NE flow and they never ping or just briefly ping...BOS somewhere around 6-10". Jackpot zone is N ORH county over to Chris's 'hood and maybe monads and Mitch in S VT. 

And because Kevin will whine if I don't make a CT prediction. I'd go 6-10 there as well. 

Will, what would you compare this storm too?

The three I was looking at were early December 2003 two day storm, December 2005 and last year's November 15th storm.  Milder than December 2003, colder than December 2005......

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sounds about right.  How much for Natick

• Haha 1

Just now, LibertyBell said:

Will, what would you compare this storm too?

The three I was looking at were early December 2003 two day storm, December 2005 and last year's November 15th storm.  Milder than December 2003, colder than December 2005......

Definitely not last year’s November storm in my opinion.  That was purely a SWFE.  It was pretty straight forward starting on Monday afternoon last year, and ramped up consistently On the modeling right up to go time. I picked up almost 9” from that November storm last year.  That was a good storm. 

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Definitely not last year’s November storm in my opinion.  That was purely a SWFE.  It was pretty straight forward starting on Monday afternoon last year, and ramped up consistently On the modeling right up to go time. I picked up almost 9” from that November storm last year.  That was a good storm. 

It's crazy that this storm is more than two weeks later and yet the air is supposed to be not as cold as that one's was.  I think they blew the call on that one too- it was supposed to change to rain but never did.

Convection reeks havoc on modeling, I would rather be getting the WAA snow as that has a better chance of verifying with the air mass here but that's not happening, So now we take our chances that the models are correct with the placement of the SLP offshore and depending how west/east that ends up determines how far back to the coast the heavier bands get once its captured by the ULL, Still a good 24+ hrs out on that part.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Whine? I’d just ask. Jeez 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Convection reeks havoc on modeling, I would rather be getting the WAA snow as that has a better chance of verifying with the air mass here but that's not happening, So now we take our chances that the models are correct with the placement of the SLP offshore and depending how west/east that ends up determines how far back to the coast the heavier bands get once its captured by the ULL, Still a good 24+ hrs out on that part.

If the Surface low ends up more tucked Monday day , would that make the ULL capture much closer to the coast ( instead of SE of ACK)

Just now, LibertyBell said:

It's crazy that this storm is more than two weeks later and yet the air is supposed to be not as cold as that one's was.  I think they blew the call on that one too- it was supposed to change to rain but never did.

Yup...last November had some serious cold.  Yes..got very little sleet with that, right at the end for a bit, but then right back to snow mix to end it. It over performed here imo. Best storm of last winter for sure.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If the Surface low ends up more tucked Monday day , would that make the ULL capture much closer to the coast ( instead of SE of ACK)

Well in theroy, The ULL would be further west as well, But i don't know if you want that either as it gets tugged back over head and i think taint would become a problem there and east of there but you would get a congrats PF out of it.