Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

20 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Anybody know when BOX will pull back from that ridiculous snow forecast? 8in is not happening here.

I'm kind of surprised that they issued that at 5:45pm when a lot of the 18z suite had come out already and clearly showed the goods headed East out into the Atlantic

I wouldn't totally give up yet on being clipped by that band for a while. It does come pretty close on some models. Although I agree-I'd be pissed if I lived there. I thought for sure Boston would get at least a decent event from this.

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I wouldn't totally give up yet on being clipped by that band for a while. It does come pretty close on some models. Although I agree-I'd be pissed if I lived there. I thought for sure Boston would get at least a decent event from this.

I have given up but we'll see. This storm seems to have found a way to screw Boston one way or another.

I can just see it tomorrow morning with the CCB setting up shop to hit the North Shore, South Shore and CC while KBOS sits just outside. That kind of crap is what pisses me off and is so annoying, climo or not. Can only hope for the best now

3 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I have given up but we'll see. This storm seems to have found a way to screw Boston one way or another.

I can just see it tomorrow morning with the CCB setting up shop to hit the North Shore, South Shore and CC while KBOS sits just outside. That kind of crap is what pisses me off and is so annoying, climo or not. Can only hope for the best now

Your chances will come. Before we know it I'll be cursing at my screen watching a blowing up clipper or other system just east of me rolling up into your area, a SWFE that's good for brief slush and pellets in MBY clobber you for hours in the deeper cold air, or another system like this but now the SSTs are cooler and the east winds don't roast you. I doubt this is a Nino type year where suppression is a big deal like 15-16 and we actually have a chance to surpass Boston down here. 

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

I’ll believe it when I’m shoveling it, or sweeping it off the steps which is more likely...or even more likely that I’m sweeping off the old snow that has blown into the steps.  This round 2 has been dead to us since the downsloping started kicking in this morning 

Don't think anything was really suppose to get going on this part until early morning and tomorrow for some of us here on part 2.

30 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Well I haven't looked at a model in a while, but I thought when the cold front overtakes the warm front that's occlusion. I don't really know these things, I'm more into debits and credits.

Use to always get them backwards until i started reconciling checking accts and journal entries.

7 hours ago, dryslot said:

Use to always get them backwards until i started reconciling checking accts and journal entries.

Accounting and banking have them the opposite way (because banks are accounting for it from their perspective, like your money belongs to them!)