• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Where the secondary development occurs I think is more important than the overall track...also how quickly the intensification of the secondary occurs. As the main s/w moves southeast through the Ohio Valley to south of New England the whole system strengthens and a pretty strong southeasterly LLJ should flood in some mild air ahead of it. The key then is going to be having secondary development far enough south to where dynamic cooling will quickly cool the column...down to or pretty close to the CT coast. 

There should be a few bands of some pretty heavy snow...this setup is prime for at least one really solid band. Outside of this band (depending on the thermal profile) could be problematic with p-type and perhaps some subsidence. I kinda like Pike area...perhaps as far south as extreme northern CT for some decent snows (getting into warning criteria type stuff). 

I would think the baroclinic zone here is still going to be a bit farther north then it would be in another month which could hurt things for most of CT...also watching where H7 tracks b/c verbatim there could be some drier air as far north as central CT. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Starting to hint at a Norlun like feature, which the GFS has too. Wouldn't be surprised with the closed H5 and the strong primary.

Going to be a long multipart, confusing storm, kind of like the January mess we had in DC last year.