Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

51 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

WU has a forecast for Enfield next Wednesday of 32/19, that high temperature is -25F below normal.

Shades of last year?  My T-Day high of 11 was 28° BN and that high was recorded at my obs time the evening before.  The afternoon max was 30° BN.  In 21+ years I've recorded highs that were 30+ BN on 4 days, Jan 14 and 15, 2004, Dec.28, 2017 and Jan 6, 2018.  November hadn't sniffed even a 20° BN max before last year.

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Shades of last year?  My T-Day high of 11 was 28° BN and that high was recorded at my obs time the evening before.  The afternoon max was 30° BN.  In 21+ years I've recorded highs that were 30+ BN on 4 days, Jan 14 and 15, 2004, Dec.28, 2017 and Jan 6, 2018.  November hadn't sniffed even a 20° BN max before last year.

Tday high last year at ORH was 16F. A cool 29F below normal and 4F colder than any November max on record. (Previous record was 20F on 11/30/58)

That was a pretty incredible airmass. 

• Like 2

Everyone ready for the C and D?

Monday Night
A chance of snow after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Tuesday
Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 38. North wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

No time for wine, beer, whiskey?

nah I pretty much stopped the booze, I'll have a few if I'm traveling for work but other than that nothing...i spent like 20 years hitting it hard like you read about, so I got my fill... just replaced with coffee and water.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

NNE had a tough time watching SEMA get run over by the snowmobile for 5 straight winters earlier this decade...understandable there’s some residual PSTD. 

They had some good winters too. It wasn’t like SE MA stole all snow.  You can’t compare an anomaly standpoint because interior just doesn’t have the standard deviation coastal areas have.