• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

I'm curious what the KPS will have this morning. Either the EPS will get heaved further than a GTG brewski or there will be a lot of fear in the posts.

The EPS could easily look more favorable at 12z so no one should start panicking yet. It's fun to play with the emotions of the easily manipulated though.

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm curious what the KPS will have this morning. Either the EPS will get heaved further than a GTG brewski or there will be a lot of fear in the posts.

The EPS could easily look more favorable at 12z so no one should start panicking yet. It's fun to play with the emotions of the easily manipulated though.

The fact weeklies were kind of blah in December gives it some credit. But yeah who knows. It looks like we have some cold to play with end of this month and early December anyways. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Didn’t the 12z look great yesterday? Seems like every year we go thru this with flip flops and people lose their marbles over run to run . 

Yes. That's why I want to see 12z today. If it's similar to 00z, then I'll be issuing a winter cancel post shortly after. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. That's why I want to see 12z today. If it's similar to 00z, then I'll be issuing a winter cancel post shortly after. 

Dude, your kidding right? Lolol. If your not, your gonna be in an insane asylum by the new year..lol

I on the other hand, I am pretty pumped for this season. We have a LONG way to go. 4 months of torture..hehe, I mean if exciting weather.

5 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Dude, your kidding right? Lolol. If your not, your gonna be in an insane asylum by the new year..lol

I on the other hand, I am pretty pumped for this season. We have a LONG way to go. 4 months of torture..hehe, I mean if exciting weather.

He’s very serious. I had to call him yesterday to make sure he was going to be ok. I didn’t like what I saw.  :( 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

I've mentioned this several times ... since last spring actually, how we've been dealing with odd ( at times eerie ) tendency for the models to establish hardened trends .. even seemingly footed in global indicators thus offering credence, only to be dealt reverses, with frustrating frequency. 

Personally I think it's a model artifact of Global Warming; the changing circulation perhaps exposes that these models have 'performance norms' that break down in different eddy circumstances previously unknown, because these broader scaled scaffolds were stable comparing previous decades and now they are in flux.  But that's of course speculative...  

Point is, we are still dealing with that in my estimation. I keep seeing this happening, more so than I remember in the 1990 to 2005-10 era, where model "pattern error" ( sort of a different metric to event level detail ) might be increasing.  Again speculative... 

The Euro EPS flip flopping like that smacks of this though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've mentioned this several times ... since last spring actually, how we've been dealing with odd ( at times eerie ) tendency for the models to establish hardened trends .. even seemingly footed in global indicators thus offering credence, only to be dealt reverses, with frustrating frequency. 

Personally I think it's a model artifact of Global Warming; the changing circulation perhaps exposes that these models have 'performance norms' that break down in different eddy circumstances previously unknown, because these broader scaled scaffolds were stable comparing previous decades and now they are in flux.  But that's of course speculative...  

Point is, we are still dealing with that in my estimation. I keep seeing this happening, more so than I remember in the 1990 to 2005-10 era, where model "pattern error" ( sort of a different metric to event level detail ) might be increasing.  Again speculative... 

The Euro EPS flip flopping like that smacks of this though. 

I also think the various indices (ENSO/PDO/AO, etc.) are resulting in different outcomes and we should be very cautious when we use analogs older than about 30 years.  There are some warm blobs in the oceans that seem to hang around from year to year.  The gulf stream is also warming more quickly than other parts of the ocean (more bombogenesis and higher precip outcomes? we're already seeing it.)