joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. No it doesn’t 

y3wLm3y.png

1) why are you using 2M temp anomalies to characterize ridging/trough?

2) You have to be careful when using just 2M temp anomalies...you get above-average temps at night with average daytime temps and the anomaly is going to be heavily skewed. 

3) That is also through Oct 3 which doesn't reflect when the ridging begins to break down 

31 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

WOAH!!!! Pretty sick supercell in AZ north of PHX

image.thumb.png.b3246c91cc3f2f52e2686dc52ec7fcdb.png

I highly recommend you visit AZ during monsoon season Wiz. Had one of the most incredibly terrifying t-storms just outside of Phoenix several  years back.Another really cool thing is you can see the lightning more than 50 miles away on the open road 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

1) why are you using 2M temp anomalies to characterize ridging/trough?

2) You have to be careful when using just 2M temp anomalies...you get above-average temps at night with average daytime temps and the anomaly is going to be heavily skewed. 

3) That is also through Oct 3 which doesn't reflect when the ridging begins to break down 

Just leave it alone Wiz, no matter what you say or show he's not going to change his thoughts. I gave up yesterday when he trolled me on Twitter.  No use having a conversation with someone who just trolls. I  see what you think may happen but LR is such a crapshoot with modeling performing so badly. Sucks but the flip flops have been insane. Beautiful weather today, we roller coaster it seems

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

I highly recommend you visit AZ during monsoon season Wiz. Had one of the most incredibly terrifying t-storms just outside of Phoenix several  years back.Another really cool thing is you can see the lightning more than 50 miles away on the open road 

I would love to head out to AZ/NM for t’storms. From what I’ve seen in terms of pics/videos it’s a very underrated area to chase. 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just leave it alone Wiz, no matter what you say or show he's not going to change his thoughts. I gave up yesterday when he trolled me on Twitter.  No use having a conversation with someone who just trolls. I  see what you think may happen but LR is such a crapshoot with modeling performing so badly. Sucks but the flip flops have been insane. Beautiful weather today, we roller coaster it seems

Yeah the flip flops have been brutal...been quite difficult to really get a handle on things 

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Except he was incorrect. It wasn’t 2m. Stop the ACATT nonsense. No one thinks it’s funny . Everyday thru the next 10-14 is AN. Every single one 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Except he was incorrect. It wasn’t 2m. Stop the ACATT nonsense. No one thinks it’s funny 

Whoops...sorry. Thought it said 2M temps lol. I see what it is now. 

Anyways that still only reflects through October 3rd and changes happen after that 

34 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Just remember the quote...”congratulations roger smith” after we started December warm and he called for a full month torch.  We ended up with a great wintry month.

Yep and as we all know SNE winter starts with earnest mid month no matter how much wish casting takes place. Climo is a bitch 

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Are people really happy about this weather or are they just pretending to be. I sense a lot of rage underneath. 

Put me in the happy camp. I'd prefer about 5F cooler, but if it means we're still in the 70s post cold front then I'll deal with the extra warmth now.

Winter is long. Very long. I feel no need to rush into scraping my car every morning this early.

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Are people really happy about this weather or are they just pretending to be. I sense a lot of rage underneath. 

If these anomolies were around in Dec or Jan I think everyone (almost everyone) would be raged. This time of year it's welcoming. Why not? We're not getting any snow in any systems anyways