Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Weather Discussion 2019

dryslot

12 minutes ago, WarrenCtyWx said:

No. It just seems as if this period has been especially warm, particularly compared to say, our recent Marches. 

Things tend to go in cycles even with the underlying warming. 

The torchy and relatively snowless Marches circa 2008-2012 have given way to a period of very cold and snowy Marches since 2013. 

I was looking recently at ORH October temps and we are probably "owed" some more warmth in that month given it has defied the underlying warming trend. The 1970s-1990s were excessively cold compared to the rest of the period  

IMG_3342.PNG

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

BOS puts up a +19 for the day.

BTV comes in with +18 so far on the day as of 5pm.

High of 79F.... but the morning minimum was +25 at 73F

Edit: Nevermind, the 5pm climate report is already wrong.  Temp is down to 69F, so the daily is down to +16.  We'll see where it ends up at midnight.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Anger underneath warmth in Sept? Pissed its not 45 and raining I guess he assumes. Forky stopped by, Dews came back, both thinking, like trolling in mid Jan, people would get upset. Early troll game in full swing. They will disappear at the first sign of cold. Its as predictable as Kevin calling for every east coast hurricane a threat to SNE.

Thats why im loving this AN weather here in the eastern great lakes. This time of the year weeks/days make big differences. Right now a very cold day would be 45F and rain like you said, in 3 weeks it could be 35F with rain/snow and first sloppy accumulations for the typically colder regions. 

Edit-For the great lakes last year we went from 70-80F and endless sunny days in September/Early October to 3-5" of lake effect snow on October 16th. After that winter settled in and we saw countless well below average days. Hoping for a repeat this year 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Things tend to go in cycles even with the underlying warming. 

The torchy and relatively snowless Marches circa 2008-2012 have given way to a period of very cold and snowy Marches since 2013. 

I was looking recently at ORH October temps and we are probably "owed" some more warmth in that month given it has defied the underlying warming trend. The 1970s-1990s were excessively cold compared to the rest of the period  

IMG_3342.PNG

I think Marky still has my 2013 quote in his sig. Seems we have had that month behind vibe since then.

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I remember as a teen multiple EEE incidents and a truck going around spraying everything. 

I was reading up recently on EEE outbreaks. Apparently there was a big one in Massachusetts in 1955 and LI/south coast in 1970. 

Good winter incoming using the EEE analog?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2