Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

56 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What town

I took  a drive yesterday thru the hill towns , starting on west side of MHT. Had my ski tracks app on for elevation use .

looked like west side of MHT there is a nice ridge area about 800-820 feet ...beauty view of city from there ...maybe it’s just out side city limits . Found a couple streets in N Hollis around 800’ as well. Envious lol 

went thru New Boston all the way North and into Dunbarton, Weare and all the way to 2k in Washington. Love elevations especially in fall and spring storms .92 Nor’easter in December was best upslope Nor’easter Ever.

There was a very tiny area that had precip intensity enough to cool the BL in the 2009 event I was talking about. That was on the NW side of Pelham, NH . no one west of the river had much of anything, even higher up.

mnch53se.jpg

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There were actually two events in October 2009. One on the 15-16th like you recall and another two days later on the 18th...the latter is what produced that crazy Patriots/Titans game in the snow in October. Foxborough was in a great spot for that one...a little extra elevation helped them. 

One of my favorite Pats games ever. Surprised I wasn’t arrested for public nudity between the flash to snow and 59-0.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I remember waking up to 1.5” and thinking this is a nice little October event, everything is pasted white...and we were on the absolute edge of it.  

I cant even imagine what happened southeast of here.  

Here’s a quick look at how golf season ended that year:

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ac687bebeb3086fc143

Today was warmer and less cloudy than yesterday with a more southerly wind.  Cape Cod has had good weather after the front passed through on Saturday.  My dreams are in motion, after my 30th birthday yesterday, my dreams are in motion and I am really happy.
Happy Birthday! Glad your happy, always a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

102911totalstormloop.gif

Mitch's old place (esp. Mitch) to Pete to me were pummel]led with cold dry powder from start to finish.   A top 5 storm for sure.  Things pivoted on Mitch's head for hours.   I'll need to check what I wound up with.....26" sounds familiar.  I'm not sure how Chris did--whether he started as snow or not.

Meanwhile, I got down to 49.  I think the first 40's of the season.