What do I have to say ?

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

What do I have to say ?

Tell your CO that you want a patrol car with A/C that functions :D

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

What do I have to say ?

Anthony my row house abuts the Kane Street Synagogue. I believe it’s  the oldest in Brooklyn. My good neighbor says it best:

”This Too Shall Pass”.  As always ......

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, uofmiami said:

Ended up with a high of 86.3 for today.

3 hours ago, psv88 said:

86.3 here as well

86.4 for me lol.

• Sad 1

Next 8 days averaging 83.5degs., or 7degs. AN.

Month to date is  +2.8[79.0].       Should be  +4.2[80.5], by the 24th.

GFS Meteogram still in a love affair with the 90's-----13 out of the next 16 days, with 3 100's for good measure.   Yes we get a cooldown in 9 days, but it won't last.

76.4* here at 6am.   77.4* by 8am.  79.0*, at 9am.  Finally overcame sea breeze?, and hit 80 0* at 10:45am.    83.6* by Noon.

2 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Next 8 days averaging 83.5degs., or 7degs. AN.

Month to date is  +2.8[79.0].       Should be  +4.2[80.5], by the 24th.

GFS Meteogram still in a love affair with the 90's-----13 out of the next 16 days, with 3 100's for good measure.   Yes we get a cooldown in 9 days, but it won't last.

76.4* here at 6am.   77.4* by 8am.

These stats are useless. Yesterday the Park was 85, coolest in the entire metro area. So the 2.8 is not representative of true departure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Saturday is the first time I ever saw the Euro forecast an 86 dewpoint in the Northeast region. The Euro shows numerous days coming up with potential dewpoints of 80 or greater. It looks like a combination of the recent multi-year historic dewpoint spike, record soil moisture over portions of the US, and the tropical moisture surge around and after Barry.

8ED18120-9E5A-464B-82D7-E918F31872BC.thumb.png.ed357450a1f0b6b968386bc035b35bf7.png

Saturday may be the hottest HI day in decades. 100/80? Jesus. 

43 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Saturday may be the hottest HI day in decades. 100/80? Jesus. 

Sunday may be a tad warmer than Saturday.

I swear high dew point and heat index graphics are to me what major snowfall graphics are to everyone else here.

• Like 3

Already clouds from Barry's remnants pushing through OH and towards PA.  WIll be interesting to see how much rain and how high temps can get with mostly cloudy conditions Wed/ THu and 850 temps in the 22-24 range.

vis0.gif

vis0.gif

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Spot on.  Bet the under, but it'll be a hot weekend regardless.

Temps and dews have been under forecast all week (other than the park). When heat comes in July you buy, in August you sell. I go with the sun angle theory, models underestimate surface warming in mid summer, over estimate in late summer. But what do i know

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Saturday is the first time I ever saw the Euro forecast an 86 dewpoint in the Northeast region. The Euro shows numerous days coming up with potential dewpoints of 80 or greater. It looks like a combination of the recent multi-year historic dewpoint spike, record soil moisture over portions of the US, and the tropical moisture surge around and after Barry.

8ED18120-9E5A-464B-82D7-E918F31872BC.thumb.png.ed357450a1f0b6b968386bc035b35bf7.png

if this holds we'll have higher heat indices than in 2011

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Temps and dews have been under forecast all week (other than the park). When heat comes in July you buy, in August you sell. I go with the sun angle theory, models underestimate surface warming in mid summer, over estimate in late summer. But what do i know

Agreed, we both know very little LOL.  It will be quite memorable if mid 80 dew points verify in PA and NJ.

tropical storms moving north usually bring tropical heat with them...we are going to be in its sw flow so hopefully there won't be any power failures...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, psv88 said:

I agree.  Averages start to drop off fairly steadily once past 8/10 or so as does sun angle and loss of daylight...

The 6z GFS is a lot less aggressive with dews, low to mid 70s across the area. The 6z also cuts the worst heat off after Saturday, I'm interested to see if that becomes a trend or if its just a blip.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gravity Wave said:

The 6z GFS is a lot less aggressive with dews, low to mid 70s across the area. The 6z also cuts the worst heat off after Saturday, I'm interested to see if that becomes a trend or if its just a blip.

I have been looking at DP forecasts over the last week or so and have noticed that the GFS in general seems to go less aggressive vs. the Euro.  Is this a known GFS or Euro bias?