• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 22-23 Storm Thread: Cabins and Pony-Os?

powderfreak

11 minutes ago, mreaves said:

My back deck. 

Nice dude!  Solid storm there.

Radar is lit up on the western slopes and Spine now.  They are letting us fly to BTV, arriving at 11pm.  A midnight drive through an upslope blizzard on I-89 through Bolton flats should be interesting.

• Haha 1

Ramping up...

NEAR TERM /THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT/...
As of 715 PM EDT Friday...The upslope snow machine is in full
force this evening with webcams along the spine of the Green
Mountains showing 1-2 inches snowfall rates with a few locations
closer to summit level showing a few 3 inch per hour reports.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice dude!  Solid storm there.

Radar is lit up on the western slopes and Spine now.  They are letting us fly to BTV, arriving at 11pm.  A midnight drive through an upslope blizzard on I-89 through Bolton flats should be interesting.

Good luck. 89 was shut down at exit 8, southbound today during the height of the storm. Several accidents and trucks that couldn’t climb the hill towards Berlin. As soon as a car drove on this stuff it packed down to ice and the rates at the time were too heavy for plows to keep up with, you saw the MPV odds. Even the sidewalks in Montpelier were atrocious. When it let up, the interstate cleared relatively quickly because it was 31-32 degrees. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya I don’t think that’s happening...if you don’t have any real elevation...this is a nothing burger.  Sun was out here before it went down..dried everything up. 

I still have some snow/ice left to melt in the yard so I'm good with no more snow. We have Oaks and never got to finish leaf cleanup before the November snow. This kind of late season snowstorm is perfect for me. None here and tons in ski country.

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Snowing nicely now as temp creeps back down to 33.

I have a new appreciation for Freak and his upslope snow lol. It’s a lonely place 

I wouldn’t call it upslope though. Precip seems heavier in the valley. It’s like this deformation type thing it seems. Fairly weak right now.

7" storm total here, 6" new depth. Getting some graupelly type upslope, but mostly underwhelming so far. Round 1 was a dud. 

This is a weird upslope event. Heaviest echoes are way west out in NYS just east of the Hudson River. Not to mention the stuff down on the west side of the Worcester and Tolland Hills...