• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

5 minutes ago, ag3 said:

I think NYC, Bronx and Northern Queens escapes the sleet line.

No sleet here just heavy snow..approaching 4 inches with heavy snow. The sleet never made it to the bx,also some of the elevation here kind of makes it a bit harder to mix most times in these situations..but boy is it snowing to beat the band..we will def reach over 6 here..

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Back to moderate snow here, seems the real heavy stuff is staying SE of the Bronx and focused on LI which is sort what I predicted, still a nice storm but probably will end up a max of around 6 inches  

It's still heavy down here.seems like there might be some subsidence and dry air coming in from the west..a lot of l.i is not snow either so if we did get the heavier stuff it would mean more mixing for us down here in the bx but it's been pure snow..4.1 inches down currently.

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

Dumping cotton balls mixed with a little sleet

The mix line is really racing up up in to central and eastern l.i now,even coastal new England might go to rain and sleet.. just 10 miles nw from your location it's all snow..I havent had 1 sleet pellet yet up here.

1 minute ago, BxWeatherwatcher said:

The mix line is really racing up up in to central and eastern l.i now,even coastal new England might go to rain and sleet.. just 10 miles nw from your location it's all snow..I havent had 1 sleet pellet yet up here.

JFK now reporting rain, don't know if it's accurate. 

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Another crappy storm in an equally crappy winter and yet it'll likely be my second biggest event. 

The sleet completely killed the totals. 

That's a shame. The sleet line stopped before getting to me up here in the northern corner of the County here in Piscataway. It has been all snow except for a few sleet pellets mixed in briefly. Looking good to end up with more than 6 inches here.

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

That's a shame. The sleet line stopped before getting to me up here in the northern corner of the County here in Piscataway. It has been all snow except for a few sleet pellets mixed in briefly. Looking good to end up with more than 6 inches here.

The sleet was brief here too. I don't think we'll top 6 over here though. Its a very compressed snow. 

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

You lucked out for sure, some 8"+ amounts likely in the northern part of the county.