• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
OBS thread 2P Mar 3-10A Mar 4 (snow, possible sleet s fringe)

wdrag

50 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I am just happy we finally got some snow but I am ready to close the book on this winter.

I have about 18" this season off an average just around 30." We need one major storm to approach average. Doubt it's in the cards, but with this cold -EPO pattern, a few smaller storms are possible before the breakdown post 3/15. Doubt we saw our last flakes.

2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Just got back in again from another walk around. As of 1:15 am we're up to 5.25", as I think we're getting a little compaction from the heavy wet snow (expected to have at least 5.5" then, given rates). Probably another hour of snow...

Looks like I missed posting my 2 am measurement of 5.75".  After that, I dozed off for a bit and judging by the radar, we had one last band come through around 3:30 am and I just measured at 4 am and we have 6.0" on the nose - given the fairly heavy, wet nature of the snow, based on past history, I'm guessing it'll compact about 5-10% before sunrise (which is why I always like to measure close to the end of the event). Temp is still 32F. Looks like this one is over.  Now I need some real sleep.  

3 hours ago, HVSnowLover said:

Back to moderate snow here, seems the real heavy stuff is staying SE of the Bronx and focused on LI which is sort what I predicted, still a nice storm but probably will end up a max of around 6 inches  

That what it seem like to me. The real heavy bands flirted with the bx time to time, but really sat over bk, queens and then head east over long island. It looks unimpressive to me considering they closed school. 

Wantage NJ 8s High Point. 6.3" final. Think snow ended ~245A.  Plenty on trees but power outages mostly near I95...think about 30-45,000 customers at this early hours from near PHL to srn CT. Picturesque at sunup if I get time. Will add NOHRSC ~1030A if time One thing I do know... band se New England at this time, probably a bit overfcst by the NAM...took quite a while to get going overnight. and I dont consider this a great example. Maybe we'll get lucky with a nice deep closed low and snowstorm centered off NJ early this spring and have a much chance of a beautiful band. Thanks for all the reports. 1991636542_ScreenShot2019-03-03at2_57_03PM.thumb.png.169f00a6a4bdecd5b302cbc14a222ee5.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 4.56.47 AM.png

Final is 9"! Elevation FTW :) 31/29 now and it was 35/28 when it started yesterday, temp hovered just below 32 all night so this is some heavy stuff especially having fallen on warm surfaces after yesterdays 45*. It will compact quickly so get out and measure early. There must have been some great snow growth towards the end, the top 1" is HUGE flakes. I fell asleep at about 12 and there was around 3", woke up at 4 it had pretty much stopped snowing and there is 9 so this storm went to town at well over 1"/hr for at least 3 hours

4 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Approaching 4” now 

I don't even think I got 3 inches lol

The storm the other morning looked more impressive than last night lol

1 hour ago, Sportybx said:

Just like the rest of this winter .. a huge BUST .... 

The warmth was too strong for the coast. 850s were warmer than modeled and it never went below freezing here on the coast.

SNE is getting hammered

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I don't even think I got 3 inches lol

The storm the other morning looked more impressive than last night lol

The warmth was too strong for the coast. 850s were warmer than modeled and it never went below freezing here on the coast.

SNE is getting hammered

Agreed got more snow I think Friday night into Saturday morning. Definitely more on the roads with that too. 

4 minutes ago, Edubbs83 said:

Agreed got more snow I think Friday night into Saturday morning. Definitely more on the roads with that too. 

Same here

The banding was great last night but it was sleet here. We would have seen alot more snow if temps were slightly colder. The 850s were too close to the coast last night.

The only model that showed the warmth nearby was the 3k Nam.