Total Members
    Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
George BM

March Banter 2019

Just now, Weather Will said:

Heavy wind, sleet/ice/rain mixture on my walk to Union Station , heard thunder as well.   Amazing!!!

I thought Winter was over?

24 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

WTF did i do to deserve a separate email every single time someone posts in the discobs thread?  Anyone know how to undo this

There should be at the bottom of the thread a button to click if you want to be notified about new posts in the thread...  it's the button right above submit reply... or you might have clicked on follow... click that to unfollow

3 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

and I had Cincy in the Elite 8. I’m currently in the bottom 14% of all brackets. Disaster

It’s ok, I’m like bottom 25%. Had Nevada going to the final 4, Syracuse to elite 8

• Sad 1

newcastle is a beer that still works for me.  is it bad that i'm having one before i work tonight (migrating our systems this weekend)?  march madness is helping, too.

If anyone else besides me is interested in the Deer Park fire follow Stephanie below for the best coverage. Only coverage.  Oh its burning again, a dike broke, the mayor said it takes 2-3 days to test the water which is black sludge, and a cloud of highly carcinogenic benzene gas got released. They lifted the shelter in place which I wonder if that was a good idea.

Here's your water.
https://twitter.com/StefaniaOnABC13/status/1108424407993733120

Here's your air. Now go to work.

D2DKmsDWkAEYhV_.jpg

Observing my lawn this morning while I was picking up shingles from the past 2 wind storms ( mostly off my shed) there's not much green yet . It got down to freezing last night and tonight looks too also and with hard freezes modeled for mid week I'm thinking mowing will be delayed for a few more weeks anyway which I'm fine with. 

27 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Observing my lawn this morning while I was picking up shingles from the past 2 wind storms ( mostly off my shed) there's not much green yet . It got down to freezing last night and tonight looks too also and with hard freezes modeled for mid week I'm thinking mowing will be delayed for a few more weeks anyway which I'm fine with. 

LOL, I have already 'mowed', but that was mostly a mulching of the leaves one day last week. I'll probably do the same again today before I go in for 3-11. Anybody need some leaves? Mostly oak and cheery, with some maple and sycamore mixed in. I'll probably start on 'lawn repair' next week, need to get a load of top soil first to fill in some low spots. Right at freezing here this am, and like you, not much seen yet on the grass front. BIL is here (he is a contractor  and doing a job up here) and said we were a solid 2/3 weeks behind his home, he lives near Smith Mt Lake in Bedford County.

• Like 1

I went 20/32 with first round matchups. 5 Sweet 16 teams gone already. 2 elite 8. 2 final 4. And the runner up. My other bracket i made in which i clicked the randomize button needed like 3 edits to be a perfect bracket right now (it had 15 and 16 seeds winning in first round)

I went 20-12 in the first round, but I still have 7 of my Elite 8 teams and 12 sweet 16 teams left in the fight.  I took a big gamble and went with Villanova repeating this year.  Yes I have a 6 seed team beating Duke in the finals

10 minutes ago, Fozz said:

After my New England ski trip, including a powder day yesterday at Mt Snow, I'm finally ready for spring. Bring on the 60s and 70s.

I hear you man!  I'm ready to get out there and do a little yard work and swat some skeeters while I'm watching the sunset with a glass of ice tea

1 hour ago, Icefishingrocks said:

I went 20-12 in the first round, but I still have 7 of my Elite 8 teams and 12 sweet 16 teams left in the fight.  I took a big gamble and went with Villanova repeating this year.  Yes I have a 6 seed team beating Duke in the finals

I had Iowa state losing to duke in the finals:arrowhead:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This tournament is the year of the blowouts apparently. A rather lackluster tourney so far. 

No real big upsets, lot of blowouts, almost every comeback attempt I’ve seen has fell apart at the last second. A pretty good year to just pick the higher seeded team (except for the 8-9, 5-12 matchups)

• Like 1

Got my brand new Alky control kit for my 87' Buick  GN . Man...I'm like a grownup freakin kid in a candy store lol. I've been running a 17 year old alcohol injection setup that helped propel my GN to 10.90 1/4 Mile times . But this kit is light years ahead of that one. Probably easy 10.50s potential . My trouble is I have way too many passions in life. ..Cars, weather, sports, beer ,  building stuff, Galagabrunettes . If only I could concentrate on 1 or 2 :D .

Screenshot_20190323-233430_Chrome_crop_540x541.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got my brand new Alky control kit for my 87' Buick  GN . Man...I'm like a grownup freakin kid in a candy store lol. I've been running a 17 year old alcohol injection setup that helped propel my GN to 10.90 1/4 Mile times . But this kit is light years ahead of that one. Probably easy 10.50s potential . My trouble is I have way too many passions in life. ..Cars, weather, sports, beer ,  building stuff, Galagabrunettes . If only I could concentrate on 1 or 2 :D .

you forgot arkanoid.

just had to replace my radiator, thermostat, intake manifold gasket, and oil filter housing unit on my jeep...their coolant systems are quite the maintenance.  hoping this is the last of the leaks for now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Good luck.  The GN is a classic.  One of the few bright spots for GM in the 80's.  Have a good friend from HS who worked for GM in their proving grounds.  He had a GN.  He also helped develop the first gen ABS control algorithm on the Vette.  At the time was cutting edge technology.  His GN was a beast.  Had it for many years before selling it.  May all your runs be straight...    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

How many ponies you pushing thru that 200R? 

12 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

How many ponies you pushing thru that 200R? 

Yes...I still run a 200r4 with hardened and billet internals though.  The car has gone 10.92 @ 126 mph and weighs about 3,750 with me in it . Never dynod but rough calculations say well over 600 to achieve those results.  It's also gone 100mph in the 1/8 Mile . A bigger turbo would most likely yield 130 mph trap speeds but light to light street use might suffer so I prefer faster spoiling turbos for  the street. These cars stock weren't a horsepower machine . They were street kings because of incredible low end low rpm max torque #s even stock . Couple that with  them being very detuned from the factory and few hundred $ and a recalibrated chip, k&n filter,  fender dump, drag radials later your running low mid 12s . Back in the early mid 90s when I got mine there simply was nothing much that ran . Fastest cars out there were only running 14s and 15s mostly.. except for the ZR1 option on the Corvette which cost $70,000 and ran 12. 80s stock but it was $70K DOLLARS LOL. With just the above couple mods we wiped there asses at the track .