Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2019

George BM

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It's nice to see the Terps advance, and so far my bracket is 6/6. But Murray St is killing that. How could I have been so dumb to not pick that?

I got lucky, someone clued me in about Ja Jam.  I didn't take Auburn, figuring they should stick to football.  Oops.

Anyone play March madness? I have losses so far from 3 teams (New Mexico State, Belmont, and nevada) that made big comebacks late in the second half, only to choke at the last second. Rip. Could’ve been $500 

Belmont let me down, they’re the only Sweet 16 team I’ve lost so far though. I picked a lot of upsets yesterday that didn’t play out though. Nothing bracket busting though.

24 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

WTF did i do to deserve a separate email every single time someone posts in the discobs thread?  Anyone know how to undo this

There should be at the bottom of the thread a button to click if you want to be notified about new posts in the thread...  it's the button right above submit reply... or you might have clicked on follow... click that to unfollow

If anyone else besides me is interested in the Deer Park fire follow Stephanie below for the best coverage. Only coverage.  Oh its burning again, a dike broke, the mayor said it takes 2-3 days to test the water which is black sludge, and a cloud of highly carcinogenic benzene gas got released. They lifted the shelter in place which I wonder if that was a good idea.

Here's your water.
https://twitter.com/StefaniaOnABC13/status/1108424407993733120

Here's your air. Now go to work.

D2DKmsDWkAEYhV_.jpg

27 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Observing my lawn this morning while I was picking up shingles from the past 2 wind storms ( mostly off my shed) there's not much green yet . It got down to freezing last night and tonight looks too also and with hard freezes modeled for mid week I'm thinking mowing will be delayed for a few more weeks anyway which I'm fine with. 

LOL, I have already 'mowed', but that was mostly a mulching of the leaves one day last week. I'll probably do the same again today before I go in for 3-11. Anybody need some leaves? Mostly oak and cheery, with some maple and sycamore mixed in. I'll probably start on 'lawn repair' next week, need to get a load of top soil first to fill in some low spots. Right at freezing here this am, and like you, not much seen yet on the grass front. BIL is here (he is a contractor  and doing a job up here) and said we were a solid 2/3 weeks behind his home, he lives near Smith Mt Lake in Bedford County.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fozz said:

After my New England ski trip, including a powder day yesterday at Mt Snow, I'm finally ready for spring. Bring on the 60s and 70s.

I hear you man!  I'm ready to get out there and do a little yard work and swat some skeeters while I'm watching the sunset with a glass of ice tea

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic