Most Online
    Feco
    Newest Member
    Feco
40/70 Benchmark

March Disco

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You are wrong in your interpretation 

6z Friday is what I was looking at. Went from south of Nantucket to on Nantucket to SE of Nantucket over the past three runs no? But hell we probably are all wrong to interpret the FV3 in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Sn0waddict said:

6z Friday is what I was looking at. Went from south of Nantucket to on Nantucket to SE of Nantucket over the past three runs no? But hell we probably are all wrong to interpret the FV3 in the first place. 

Look at upper levels. Much more stout 850 inflow. Its a classic position.  Agreed about overanalyzing 

• Like 1

This has been a trademark of the FV3 all winter, show a storm when the other models don't. The FV3 gave me about 5 feet of digital snow this winter. With that said I will ride this out for another 30 hours before putting it to rest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Neither is the atmosphere, in all likelihood, but it staves off the lawn thread. 

Yep.  Apparently pointing out what a model shows though means we’re invested.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rtd208 said:

This has been a trademark of the FV3 all winter, show a storm when the other models don't. The FV3 gave me about 5 feet of digital snow this winter. With that said I will ride this out for another 30 hours before putting it to rest.

Yup. I have almost no faith in the model...it was spitting out wound up bombs all winter.  Fun to watch though

1 hour ago, 8611Blizz said:

Tim Kelly first local to bite on something for Thursday. Also mentions following week as watchable.

One of the best and most underrated local TV mets out there. Love his excitement and on-air delivery when it comes to explaining things. If there was any of these second grade weekend mets (Tim Kelly not included) to even mention the possibility of something at the end of the week, it's a good thing it was Tim

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

CT rain not impressed on live broadcast. Says early next week has legs though.

That one has a massive bowling ball with it on some guidance. Maybe we can pull off a 35 year anniversary repeat. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure that March '84 event is my first snowfall memory...never forget the way I stood in front of the window completely entranced late that afternoon as the transition from a sheet of rain to a wall of snow swept across the street in slow motion. I knew I was hooked. 

Woke up to over 1' of soggy cement-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Big winds with that one..

I think my neighbor lost a tree in that one. Paste job. I think we had TSSN too. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That one has a massive bowling ball with it on some guidance. Maybe we can pull off a 35 year anniversary repeat. 

Sucks the NAO is awful

That was a really good one. The only storm i can remember being dismissed from school early for (this was the 80’s) . Had driving rain turn into blinding snow with hurricane force wind gusts that knocked down two trees in our yard and landed on my dads car. Quite a tornado outbreak in the southeast too if I’m not mistaken

FV3 didn't trend E at 500 mb overall ...that's a wiggling the 06z and this run were the same except this one was slightly deeper - fwiw

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

32 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd prefer a 22 year anniversary repeat.

63 years ago one of the late great Marches ever