Total Members
    Most Online
    ampongabezo
    Newest Member
    ampongabezo
WxUSAF

January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

Just now, das said:

+1.  I've experienced it twice this winter in upstate NY a couple of times I've driven instead of flying to VT.  First time(s) for me.  They are remarkable and worth the trip.

I remember going to the Buffalo area in 1976, I think.  They'd just gotten hammered (one of the biggest years for lake effect ever there?) - recall seeing homes where there were drifts so high, owners were tunneling UNDER them to get their cars in/out of their garages!  Dump trucks everywhere hauling away snow since plows didn't have enough room to open up the (local) roads.  Then it warmed in February and there were flooding issues...

Just now, ravensrule said:

What an amazing squall. One of the better ones i ever remember. For 10 minutes it was complete whiteout conditions. 

Where you at again? Hasn’t come thru in Dundalk yet 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Looks like some fresh coatings on surfaces in Columbia based on video from my wife. 

Yeah very light. Definitely not as impressive as it appeared on cam in Westminster.

1 minute ago, davidjd1994 said:

Kinda unimpressive lol

What did you expect? It's a frontal passage in January. All we usually get is party cloudy and breezy from these.. 

Kinda disappointing, but no real difference then what happens with a line of storms in the summer. Some get hit hard, some don't. Surprised at the way the line fell apart as it reached me though. You could see the sun through the clouds the entire time. Wind and temperature drop was pretty good, but snow was lackluster. Got only enough to just start to whiten the sidewalks in isolated spots. Just goes to show you how amazing and unusual the 2015 squall was. I could hardly make out the houses across the street from me in that squall. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Clouding back up again with some very  light snow coming down after some brief sun. 

Yeah I just confirmed that on my cam at home. My driveway is completely covered again...

It was a non event in Columbia, some wind and some snow, then done.