joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea...excellent, SO FAR.

I always add that...

It just seems like there's a lot of fast swings with Med and LR modeling.  I guess my perspective is affected by the fact that it isn't a ratter up here.  It's just a kinda meh winter.  Only 3 storms above 6" and a hard time retaining pack due to the frequent melts.  But our total is somewhere around 40"

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It just seems like there's a lot of fast swings with Med and LR modeling.  I guess my perspective is affected by the fact that it isn't a ratter up here.  It's just a kinda meh winter.  Only 3 storms above 6" and a hard time retaining pack due to the frequent melts.  But our total is somewhere around 40"

I'm at 43.3" for the year, which is just about 8" above normal for the date.

CON is slightly lagging PWM so far this winter, so they are slightly below normal.

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Well, its been a ratter here and I agree with you.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I typically notice that onset during the first week of February's as well... Seems perhaps there is a day-light signal that triggers increased activity ... When you're laying there, eyes still sealed shut by slumber yet vaguely conscious, those frenzied chirps ans squawks through the window do hearken to June or July .. and some part of your mind is guided there in reminiscence; even though it may yet be less than 20 degrees outside that very same window.  

February is the antithesis of August ... Any given day in August, one may find themselves anemic with heat ... arms and legs draped precipitously over deck chairs along side the history of ice morphed to  half consumed flaccid beverage near by; 45 days later it could be snowing..

February, of course going the other direction... despite any high impact, deeply gelid cryo-bombs may have the local user-ship in a dopamine euphoria of joy and high spirits, albeit rare- we can touch 80 in March.  Heh, even if it's only recovered into the 40s in the means, with the occasional 55, it's a whole different world.  

It's not capturing essence to say it all that way, but ... once you get on in years ( I suppose) and a month seems to transpire in the circadian awareness of mere week ... weeks seemingly like days...and of course years stolen by the event horizon of advancing life ... it becomes easier to accept and appreciate just how close the given seasons account is to being broke; that the season's transition in reality starts in those months - it's just super subtle at that end of asymptote ... It's just not very well physically presented in the daily tactile weather on the skin or through the eyes, but it's happening. 

Although.. one could justly argue the latter.  As an aside, in August ... flora does seem to lose it's pop, doesn't it ... Looking pallid, the greens are less vibrantly hued comparing to early June.  On the other side, by the time you get past, oh ~ February 10 each year, (Kevin's favorite magical date when he no longer has to pre-heat his car when it is parked in the afternoon sun) a 540 DM thickness under a full sun, on a COL day, with 850 mb temperatures of 0 C ... will get you to 60 F on Boston Common at the zenith. I know...I've seen it, both there, and up at college at UML several times. And it eats the snow back in the banks and starts giving the pack that serrated surface look where the sun's admonishment disables its integrity.  

Anyway ... fwiw ... the Ground Hog apparently thinks the winter is ending soon, haha...  A meaningless gesture that when applied to this particular back-bruised brethren stills seems perhaps cruel. 

I will say though... the CPC GEF's based tele's are warm .. .not hugely so, but in a post GW era of acceleration ... any times I even see a modest +NAO/-PNA, ...and highly clustered rising modality in the AO ... we'd better hope that EPO alone can do it's bidding... We'll see

My mind works the same way in this regard!

7 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Why is the AO going positive now?

2055247561_ao.sprd2(1).thumb.gif.74be112ae9cd09b3d02b9dcc458720cf.gif823295870_nao.sprd2(1).thumb.gif.7ec3a671b03c4cb44fb5a6e0576a832f.gif232217250_pna.sprd2(1).thumb.gif.2eaa68258537e5d127a3f35335ea10d3.gif

Because this winter blows lol...modeling is struggling in a huge way.  It can’t keep up with the changes going on it seems.  Everyday it’s a different idea/look with these indices.  

I think if if we get something decent going forward it’ll be a welcomed change.  Otherwise it’s more garbage I believe.  This sucks.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Because this winter blows lol...modeling is struggling in a huge way.  It can’t keep up with the changes going on it seems.  Everyday it’s a different idea/look with these indices.  

I think if if we get something decent going forward it’ll be a welcomed change.  Otherwise it’s more garbage I believe.  This sucks.

I can honestly say to date this is the worst winter of my life. At least in other ratters it was warm and saved on heating bills. 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

What a melt . Absolutely textbook 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a melt . Absolutely textbook 

Bro...why don’t you offer something worthwhile, or shut your pathetic mouth!  You are a legend in your own mind.  

Your imminent ice ice storm calls are absolutely Stupid!!  You have the nerve to talk about science..but you’re all Absolute nonsense.  

And calling it a melt is fine with me.  Its gonna be a Ratter it sure seems, and I’m calling it like I see it now.  It’s fine to melt and say what it is now.  Keep waiting for your imminent ice storm...lol!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1