Total Members
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
NorEastermass128

February 2019 Discussion I

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Actually if we can remove the emotional pissed off tone (which I understand) we’d see that the euro has the pv further east in Canada on d6 hence a more swfe appeal.  This one has some possibilities imho.

Plus, I've decided to forego buying a snow-blower which also introduced possibilities.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Actually if we can remove the emotional pissed off tone (which I understand) we’d see that the euro has the pv further east in Canada on d6 hence a more swfe appeal.  This one has some possibilities imho.

It's also folding over the block in interior western Canada which sets the stage for a KU attempt at the end of the run. 

Those will all be important features. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's also folding over the block in interior western Canada which sets the stage for a KU attempt at the end of the run. 

Man that would be a 1960esque grand finale.   Shitty winter redeemed with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Man that would be a 1960esque grand finale.   Shitty winter redeemed with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Yep or a walkoff grand slam after trailing all game

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Nothing is redeeming 15 rainstorms for me . 

Would be nice finish thou 

I’d sell a K.U more than a Bob Kraft spa package 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

A nice KU to drag everyone to above normal snowfall for the year and really drive the weenies nuts. 

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nothing is redeeming 15 rainstorms for me . 

Would be nice finish thou 

I’d sell a K.U more than a Bob Kraft spa package 

My treadmill mileage screen got stuck at 18.88 miles, first time that's ever happened.  1888 walking through the door would be about the only thing that could redeem this.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Ugh. This is freaking gross today. Letting your dog out in the yard FTL.

Was Ok in Woodstock VT, about an inch of snow, then to a mix then snizzle as we left town. Roads were snow covered up there.

Kicking the can to Mar 6-7... good looking threat, there's our elusive Rockies ridge, maybe could use a little more block, but otherwise what's not to like and only 240+ hours away...

ECMWF_0224_12z_240hr.thumb.png.ebc52afb1ade88308c80508b77173a16.png

14 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Was Ok in Woodstock VT, about an inch of snow, then to a mix then snizzle as we left town. Roads were snow covered up there.

I would take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday compared to my current mud pit.

11 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

I would take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday compared to my current mud pit.

Different world up there, decent snow pack, good piles, just cold enough for frozen today, Ill try and post pics. They look good for midweek storm.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Models overall have struggled in the medium range on our individual threats. Fast flow and multiple pieces of energy. It's definitely a bit weird that the GFS will end up beating euro twice in a short span like this. Don't see it very often. Of course, that doesn't let us forget that disaster that the GFS was in the current event and Jan 21 in the medium range. 

the Euro had a big solution along the EC way back when it was D8 ...9 or 10 too.  Or maybe it was an earlier threat ...but, it's not like that model doesn't ghost up a bomb in the same vein. 

49 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

A nice KU to drag everyone to above normal snowfall for the year and really drive the weenies nuts. 

A 26"er would do it.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

A 26"er would do it.

Nothing like thumbing through climatology are seeing the glorious AN season of 2018-2019. :devilsmiley:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Nothing like thumbing through climatology are seeing the glorious AN season of 2018-2019. :devilsmiley:

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

A 26"er would do it.

I need a 34” event.   I’m sure we can gin one up

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I need a 34” event.   I’m sure we can gin one up

Or at the very least, Crown one up.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

3-6" storm on the 18z goofus

qpf_024h.us_ne.thumb.png.c6ead8f8918f7a6a862ab696110b8884.png

Eh i think the Euro is more reasonable. Lots of confluence to the NE and a very weak system to boot.

• Like 1