Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I figured the euro would lose that battle. I’ve found that when the euro is completely on its own at day 5, it sometimes succumbed to other guidance. I actually think end of week is interesting. It could turn into a two part deal or one extended deal. The weekend is up in the air, but I’m not ready to go washed away quite yet. After that bitter cold again and another chance or two before winter is over post 3/10. 

You're more hopeful than I am....there is a switch.

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies and end of ensembles in agreement so we engage in sping after the 10th for a little while.

Kind feels like cold spring rain right now.  Are you suggesting that before the 10th we may have region wide winter events, or pretty much status quo rain south, snow north and then after the 10th it gets worse thant that? [mainly talking for SNE]

...askin for a freind.

Funny...it was in the upper 20s late last night and early this morning under cloudy skies, so I took a walk on the deck hoping to at least delude myself amid that smokey aroma that is normally a harbinger of snow and a staple of a competent winter. However even then, it smelled like rain.

Nice-

7 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Kind feels like cold spring rain right now.  Are you suggesting that before the 10th we may have region wide winter events, or pretty much status quo rain south, snow north and then after the 10th it gets worse thant that? [mainly talking for SNE]

...askin for a freind.

We’ll have some shots. Maybe not blockbusters, but they’ll be bullets in the chamber. Looks like post 3-10 we get a pretty big flip. For a time anyways.

1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I'm sitting at Nubble Light hoping that it gets snowing here - would make for a fine photograph.  36F and some light rain showers and pellets off and on.  Quite gusty.  Tmw should be badass along the coast

I'm sure she will be blowing down there, Its going to be here, I see G60 in my P&C

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Given their performance the last two months, we should expect a couple KUs mid month. 

When had people cancelled winter last  year before it wouldn't end?

43 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro verbatim is still kind of ugly midweek but it is definitely trending better. If it can end up closer to the GFS, we may have a high end advisory to low end warning type event to track. 

Sure won't be the first time the EC has caved to the GFS this year.

Honestly what looks different about this upcoming weekend? I don’t have the most keen eye and perhaps one of the pros could shed some light... But, it looks like a good antecedent airmass with a primary going to the west, tries to pop a secondary, but it’s kind of on top of us and too late anyway? Strikingly similarities to every single storm this winter, am I seeing this wrong? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Honestly what looks different about this upcoming weekend? I don’t have the most keen eye and perhaps one of the pros could shed some light... But, it looks like a good antecedent airmass with a primary going to the west, tries to pop a secondary, but it’s kind of on top of us and too late anyway? Strikingly similarities to every single storm this winter, am I seeing this wrong? 

Pete repete today but maybe we get the primary to weaken, we wish we lived in Minnesota 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My 6th or 7th 33 and rain. Just an incredible winter of despair.  So much precip so little snow. Ratio 1-1.44 possibly first time since I have been keeping records 

February - 3" QPF / 6.5" snow

January - 4.5" QPF / 2.4" snow

December - 4.3" QPF / 0.0" snow

Novemeber - 9.7" QPF / 6.0" snow

4 mo total - 21.5" QPF / 14.9" snow

• Thanks 1