Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 Discussion I

NorEastermass128

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's true that's a great way of looking at it.  

150 miles was the difference this winter between SNE grand slams and the whiff as you put it.  

BTV to CAR could've easily been NYC to BOS with some slight tweak to the long wave pattern or minor index changes.

But I guess in reverse the same could've been said for 2015...some small butterfly fart and all those storms track over PVD-BOS instead of the Benchmark. It's crazy how razor thin the line can be on a seasonal level.

Yea...2015 had the breaks needed to a avail of potential, and this year didn't. 

It's been local to sub forums the last several years...

NNE was combined with SNE to make up just NE in general... but, if D.C. to PHL gets clocked, everywhere else gets phucked... If we get clocked NNE gets phucked ... if NNE gets clocked, which I guess includes "CNE" ... we get phucked... 

We haven't had an all-encompassing eastern N/A winter probably since the mid 1990s it seems.   interesting...

Yeah, so no confidence on the end February through the first 10 days of March...  Having to step back on that per recent American -based teleconnections.  We've lost the PNA component to all this.. It's flat-lined if not slipping negative... That was a big part, a crucial piece to the puzzle last week when at the time, ( " I " ) was advertising this, which by the way... might end up being the last hurrah of the winter - despite the inevitable vitriol of trolling and denial of truth about March that's going to ignite.

The EPO is still tanked and tanking and that's good. It's going to load cold into the Canadian shield... It's after that. I don't see any reason why that is likely to persist (the EPO) ...given to the fact that WPO is out of correlation with it, and MJO is also tryinig to erode the AA phase of the Pacific out in time as it appears slated to mature in the 3-6 for 10 days of early next month.  All that probably spells borrowed time with this -EPO. If the WPO was bona fide neggie, I wouldn't be care about the MJO so much .. but, being that it's neutral positive...that means it's in constructive interference and the two "should" overwhelm the EPO. We'll see...

That could be the ball game as once all that clears by the boards, the Equinox is right there, or damn nearing it....  I dunno - maybe y'all can cash in on proverbial bowling season, but I just get the hunch that given lesser excuses to do so... this season in particular will get warm - excluding backdoor season of course...  I mean winter-wise ... 

Mind you ... "no confidence" is not me saying no hope.  Just that my enthusiasm for circa Feb 27 - Mar 9 has been rattled by the shirking PNA ...  The problem is, a -EPO and a -PNA drills (if anything) just a more amplified version of the same travails that have dictated much of the last couple of months,.  It's rather ironic ... that we've finally changed the pattern,  ... into one that's even more terrifyingly atrocious to winter enthusiasts.  After this year, it's like walking into a Nazi prison camp and taking all their sandwiches. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's been local to sub forums the last several years...

NNE was combined with SNE to make up just NE in general... but, if D.C. to PHL gets clocked, everywhere else gets phucked... If we get clocked NNE gets phucked ... if NNE gets clocks, which I guess includes "CNE" ... we get phucked... 

We haven't had an all-encompassing eastern N/A winter probably since the mid 1990s it seems.   interesting...

Yeah, so no confidence on the end February through the first 10 days of March...  Having to step back on that per recent American -based teleconnections.  We've lost the PNA component to all this.. It's flat-lined if not slipping negative... That was a big part piece to the puzzle last week when ( " I " ) was advertising this, which by the way... might end up being the last hurrah.

The EPO is still tanked and tanking and that's good. It's going to load cold into the Canadian shield... It's after that. I don't see any reason why that is likely to persist (the EPO) ...given to the fact that WPO is out of correlation with it, and MJO is also tryinig to erode the AA phase of the Pacific out in time as it appears slated to mature in the 3-6 for 10 days of early next month.  All that probably spells borrowed time with this -EPO.

That could be the ball game as once all that clears by the boards, the Equinox is right there, or damn nearing it....  I dunno - maybe y'all can cash in on proverbial bowling season, but I just get the hunch that given lesser excuses to do so... this season in particular will get warm - excluding backdoor season of course...  I mean winter-wise ... 

Mind you ... "no confidence" is not me saying no hope.  Just that my enthusiasm for circa Feb 27 - Mar 9 has been rattled by the shirking PNA ...  The problem is, a -EPO and a -PNA drills (if anything) just a more amplified version of the same travails that have dictated much of the last couple of months,.  It's rather ironic ... that we've finally changed the pattern,  ... into one that's even more terrifyingly atrocious to winter enthusiasts.  After this year, it's like walking into a Nazi prison camp and taking all their sandwiches. 

Yea, it looks like more of the same to me.

I'm out.

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How many power lines ripped off the house? Will he walk 1 mile into the woods to find a downed limb on "his property?"

Lol at least I have property not a 1/8  th acre suburbia lot. You have baited me in texts and on here to respond.  I laugh but I doubt you see anything over 50.

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Could someone please start a wind threat thread? I mean..its two days out. We shouldn't have to wade through pages and pages of whether the highest gust will be 55 or 65mph in the pattern thread.

Over under on how many trees branches actually come down on Kevs property.  He has pimped hundreds of ice snow wind storms for damage but in all the years and hundreds of pump jobs we have only seen 1 branch down on the Halloween storm. His name should really be no damage in Tolland

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Over under on how many trees branches actually come down on Kevs property.  He has pimped hundreds of ice snow wind storms for damage but in all the years and hundreds of pump jobs we have only seen 1 branch down on the Halloween storm. His name should really be no damage in Tolland

It’s coming to a Moosup near you. Bring in the doghouses 

Thus above average forecast
confidence (very little forecast uncertainty) that wind gusts of 55
to 65 mph will be common Monday across the entire region
  • Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s coming to a Moosup near you. Bring in the doghouses 

Thus above average forecast
confidence (very little forecast uncertainty) that wind gusts of 55
to 65 mph will be common Monday across the entire region

What's a doghouse besides the thing you sleep in every other night after drinking too many IPAs

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, it looks like more of the same to me.

I'm out.

:D  ..well like I said, no confidence doesn't mean no hope.  I understand where you're coming from, but objectivity says so long as you got -20 C at 850 mb plumed into southern Canada, there's chances...