Total Members
    Most Online
    WxBob
    Newest Member
    WxBob
NorEastermass128

February 2019 Discussion I

57 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Heh...kind of a similar look to 2/17/06. Trough sandwich in the west, cutter and potent s/w and front ripping through the northeast.

gfswind.gif

02170621.png

Was that the storm that featured a very impressive squall line in VT? I remember one coming through that tore down a bunch of trees outside my dorm room my senior year. 

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Was that the storm that featured a very impressive squall line in VT? I remember one coming through that tore down a bunch of trees outside my dorm room my senior year. 

I don’t remember what it did in VT. I just recall the 60-80mph+ winds in NY and the 50-60mph+ up here. We had shingles ripped off the roof of the house.

My guess is the gfs loses this one. Shocker. It’s a little too organized with that energy split from the western trough. I’ll side with the models that shear that out in the fast zonal confluent flow. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

This map from latest GEM encapsulates this winter

gem_asnow_us_40.thumb.png.784092cd2fca545ab544164eece4063e.png

Wow what a winter for Marquette

50 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We snow on gfs mid week.

Ukie goes under NYC

Looks good for SNE but not sure how weak it is.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The doubters will be littering the board Monday with “wows” and I’ve never seen winds this strong imby and trees on fences and pools in yards and  neighbors with tree down issues etc. Gypsy moth damaged trees on gutters etc..Can already see it .

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Trough sandwich with fast zonal flow across the CONUS. But yeah, looks like there will be cold and wintry events for the next 10-14 days. Hopefully we can spring it up a bit after 3/10-15 and get into a pattern where if it’s going to snow...it’s just barely cold enough.

44A77311-42DC-469D-A2BB-AE240F0DEF3B.png

Ya , so the ridge clearly changed ,is no longer S-N from Baja to AK , there is that garbage lower heights in  that PAC nw that changed the flow from more of a nw flow over PNA region into now zonal shiat fast flow 

41 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

When was the last time DC beat out Boston, NYC and Philly in snowfall?

2009-2010?

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya , so the ridge clearly changed ,is no longer S-N from Baja to AK , there is that garbage lower heights in  that PAC nw that changed the flow from more of a nw flow over PNA region into now zonal shiat fast flow 

Nothing is going right at all

Great winter for Caribou ,Marquette and the west.

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That's a snapshot at day 3. The low heights retro out into the PAC (at least on EPS) and form a ridge in the west which is what gives the March 1-2 threat. If that doesn't happen, then yeah, no coastal threat.