Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

EPS splits PV into other side of globe and northern Europe as I have predicted since the SSW showed up on models in November.  Huge risks with this as we can go pac fast gradient flow all of January with the PV over Siberia with another piece over Northern Europe.  

Was it it you that mistook Siberia for Europe last week?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

EPS splits PV into other side of globe and northern Europe as I have predicted since the SSW showed up on models in November.  Huge risks with this as we can go pac fast gradient flow all of January with the PV over Siberia with another piece over Northern Europe.  

I don’t see that. The lower heights are actually in Davis Straits and northeast CAA. We don’t need the vortex over our face.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

There are lobes over NE Europe/NW Russia and NE Siberia. 

Those are all what I consider the other side of the globe in terms of our weather.  All not good locations, sure it can snow with that in NNE but that's mid January in NNE.  Those are not good positions for the Northeast as a whole.

Just now, qg_omega said:

Those are all what I consider the other side of the globe in terms of our weather.  All not good locations, sure it can snow with that in NNE but that's mid January in NNE.  Those are not good positions for the Northeast as a whole.

It’s fine as long as the Pacific gets better. We don’t need vodka cold. Canada is cold on its own.

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

A TPV in Europe is not the PV and actually slows the flow in the Atlantic.  I am not seeing any thing like you describe 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s fine as long as the Pacific gets better. We don’t need vodka cold. Canada is cold on its own.

Yep. Especially up your way but even down here if we can get the Pacific right and promote a cold continental flow then I might rather no PV around then risk a misplaced one. Mid winter with blocking and a flow from Canada can work just fine absent some vortex around unless your hunting for record cold.