• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

I still feel after the 7th is when things become better and perhaps later in month when it gets much better. We’re slowly seeing these signs not in la la land,  and getting within 8 days or so. Hopefully nobody expects 70” in 4 weeks but one high end advisory event will do a lot for he mental health of this board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I still feel after the 7th is when things become better and perhaps later in month when it gets much better. We’re slowly seeing these signs not in la la land,  and getting within 8 days or so. Hopefully nobody expects 70” in 4 weeks but one high end advisory event will do a lot for he mental health of this board.

I'm still in agreement with many of you guys here.  I just took a quick look at the SST's and analog years and it's actually following a pattern of those years.  It seems if any thing truely substancial happens it wont get really good until mid-late Jan into Feb that you guys have been alluding to.  I can actually see it at this stage, the signal is there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm on the 1/9 bandwagon.. models showing something .. hopefully it can product  6"+

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I'm on the 1/9 bandwagon.. models showing something .. hopefully it can product  6"+

If that low was to move in a northeasterly track from south of Long Island,  The Hartford to Boston area would be getting blizzard like conditions. However, it is way too far out for that.  Only needs watching at this moment.  Potential is there of course.

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

Totally plausible....hope its clear that 1/20 is simply the onset of the window for high end potential, but the pattern is progressively improving from here on in. I don't mean that its garbage until 1/20.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Totally plausible....hope its clear that 1/20 is simply the onset of the window for high end potential, but the pattern is progressively improving from here on in. I don't mean that its garbage until 1/20.

Yeah, as pattern shifts we should get some chances for sure, they don't have to be 12"+ monsters like me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Someone is trolling

Nope, not trolling at all. I think you have to admit that you take an overly optimistic view on every storm to produce snow. December has come and nearly gone with very little snow to show for it.  Many places in SNE have less than an inch of snow this month. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I thought it was pretty ugly myself 

It wasn't very good, however given the chaotic nature of the pattern right now, I expect a lot of changes from run to run. 

It's also very possible that most of the area sees nothing through mid Jan or later. The picture will become a lot clearer in 10 days.

20 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Nope, not trolling at all. I think you have to admit that you take an overly optimistic view on every storm to produce snow. December has come and nearly gone with very little snow to show for it.  Many places in SNE have less than an inch of snow this month. 

True but you are alresdy declaring winter over in December .

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s hard to believe we’ve still got 15-20 days of no snow in New England. Never in anyone’s wildest imagination did they think this would happen this winter. No one 

Blame the mjo

This shouldn't be happening in a weak EL Nino.

We should be swimming in snow.

14 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Blame the mjo

This shouldn't be happening in a weak EL Nino.

We should be swimming in snow.

Link?

i remember the first 3 weeks of January were bad in 2005 but we scored some snow in a shtty pattern until it looked better mid-month.

When in past ninos were we swimming in snow at this point?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Link?

i remember the first 3 weeks of January were bad in 2005 but we scored some snow in a shtty pattern until it looked better mid-month.

When in past ninos were we swimming in snow at this point?

I'm just talking out of my ass right now

December's usually suck in EL Nino except for 2002 .

• Like 1