Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Some of these biases are likely outdated. We used that back in the early 2000s. The model has gone through many changes since then. Maybe it still holds, but I’d want to see something more scientific before believing it.

It appears on a lot of these s/w in the southern stream it still does when you compare it to other guidance, But it corrects slowly as well and does not have wild run to run swings but you know that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

0Z FV3 993mb just south of islands.. crappy resolution @120hrs

The FV3 actually is quite a storm.  By the time it gets just south of the islands, the precip is almost done other than a few more hours of mostly snow to go left.  In other words, it's a very good solution at this time..

28 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Ya pretty big hit!

Generally from you around Hartford to the Boston area would be very happy and pretty caught up in the snow department if this sort of solution held.  In fact, I believe even potentially as far south as our friends in New York City would be pleased also.

33 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Probably means Euro won’t bite yet.  Not as solid a rule as it once was but probably still 75-25 it follows it to some extent.  Especially on a cycle where big changes occur on other guidance 

I think 00z EURO at least trends.....UK is often too extreme on either end of the spectrum.