• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    binbisso
    Newest Member
    binbisso

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

Light snow just started in Eden. Doesn't appear to be any ice at the moment. 02:10 local temps at KSIF, six miles west are 35°F and 24°F. Looking forward to what we get over the next few hours.cf5ba086eabdc71afa45d271077590d9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Cornsnow said:

I am in Mooresville and there is no way we get to that 7-10 inches. It was snowing and is now flipping between snow and sleet. We will be lucky to get 2 or 3 unless something changes in a hurry. 

Really sucks! Based on short term models thought this one would be the one finally Charlotte falls on the good luck side of. Hard to argue with GSP at this point but maybe some surprises are still in store for when the really heavy stuff moves in.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Really sucks! Based on short term models thought this one would be the one finally Charlotte falls on the good luck side of. Hard to argue with GSP at this point but maybe some surprises are still in store for when the really heavy stuff moves in.

Well the models verbatim are calling for some additional cooling

7 minutes ago, blueheronNC said:

Boy that CC line is so far north already. North of Pittsboro through Apex.

Still all snow here ITB Raleigh but the CC is about 5 miles to my south.

Don’t worry. It’s coming. No doubt about it

1 minute ago, ajr said:

Well the models verbatim are calling for some additional cooling

Yea let's hope so...guess the good thing about watching from afar is you can't get angry or anything....just not looking good when GSP cuts you from 10 to 2.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Well I try and stay positive. Still nice to see this on December the 8th. Hopefully a sign of good things this winter. 

5 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Yup.  Will see.  Still getting some snow mixing in but nothing like before.  850 hasn’t moved more north at least. 

Still all snow here in greenville. Heavier returns just to my south so I'm just hoping for a burst of big fat flakes. I was only expecting an inch so anything falling this early in December is a bonus for me.

5 minutes ago, jjwxman said:

Silver dollars in Northern Randolph County! Unbelievably heavy snow right now. Wind picking up. 

Bright colors on radar down there...hoping they make it here. 

1 minute ago, shaggy said:

Still all snow here in greenville. Heavier returns just to my south so I'm just hoping for a burst of big fat flakes. I was only expecting an inch so anything falling this early in December is a bonus for me.

Yea that's pretty wild! Enjoy man!

From my untrained eye, the CC for RDU looks to be retreating a little... or are my eyes blind?
edit: At least to the counties west.

It is for now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

From my untrained eye, the CC for RDU looks to be retreating a little... or are my eyes blind?

Seems like it’s retreating south a bit.  HRRR holds it at bay through 7-8am or so.  I’d take that at this point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FatherNature said:

edit: At least to the counties west.

Link?

On the Cabarrus/ Union line.  Got heavy snow from midnight to 130 or so, switched back to rain and now heavy sleet.