Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15 Snow/Ice Chance

showmethesnow

13 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Was comparing the Euro and Ukmet snow maps when I realized something. There is very little difference on the Euros 10:1 and snow depth maps. So evidently it's algorithm is accounting for sleet and freezing rain on its 10 to 1?

It's flawed. I think it just uses the 10-1 then accounts for melting. But if I still have 2" of snowcover on Thanksgiving from this storm I will dive naked into it!IMG_7604.thumb.PNG.2287ee683244079cbadb62e6de4a98d2.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m still retired. Not taking calls at this time.

OuEZYeI.jpg

LOLz. Careful with that sickle! Pop that flamingo and it’s into a pool of piranhas for you mister. Meh. What do you care!?

Are we in storm mode? I’ll excuse myself now so I can continue my dream of the Euro clown map coming to fruition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

Was comparing the Euro and Ukmet snow maps when I realized something. There is very little difference on the Euros 10:1 and snow depth maps. So evidently it's algorithm is doing a good job on accounting for sleet and freezing rain on its 10 to 1?

I figured it out. The wxbell snowdepth is mislabeled. It's actually liquid content of snowpack. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Both GFS and RGEM have a heavier band move through central MD before changeover that rips as snow. Looks like maybe a 850mb frontogenesis band.  That’s a big part of why they look better, combined with being slightly colder.

Yea that would probably even put down some accumulations on the roads.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic