Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15 Snow/Ice Chance

showmethesnow

52 minutes ago, high risk said:

The precip type is computed off of the thermodynamic profiles;   the water equivalent of snow (+sleet) is from the model microphysics.    That's how that can differ.   And this is clearly a case when the 10:1 ratios won't come close to working.

well at least we have more than enough weenie map images for the digital snow thread and its only Nov 14

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't like the euro being by itself with the coldest solution. Would go a long ways if the 18-0z suites tick colder in the mids. If they don't then it has the feel that the euro is too cold imo

isnt NAM jsut as cold?

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Per weather.us, euro is still clearly the best for all of us. Starts as snow for everyone and several hours for from MBY and points north. I’d happily take it. Hope it’s right.

It starts off slightly warmer because the precip comes in slightly slower and lighter but once it gets cranking the temps are identical to 0z which was a good run. Pure totals took a slight down tick because liquid was slightly less. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

It starts off slightly warmer because the precip comes in slightly slower and lighter but once it gets cranking the temps are identical to 0z which was a good run. Pure totals took a slight down tick because liquid was slightly less. 

its funny how the euro is being dismissed. Its being treated like the JMA lol

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don't like the euro being by itself with the coldest solution. Would go a long ways if the 18-0z suites tick colder in the mids. If they don't then it has the feel that the euro is too cold imo

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

agree. If it's right I would expect the mesos to pick up on it this evening. 

True, but I’d rather be on the hill with the euro than the GFS or Canadian.  I think last year the euro seemed to be a bit cold a couple times. I agree it would be nice to see 3k NAM get colder at 18 and 0. 

I think CWGs map looks good to me.

Just now, showmethesnow said:

Yeah, I was referring to the 00Z. Will take me awhile to get used to the idea of off runs of the Euro.

not sure if i like off runs for the euro. If we have a great 12z run....we used to be able to lavish in the glory for 12 hours before it was taken away by Zwyts

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

its funny how the euro is being dismissed. Its being treated like the JMA lol

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

True, but I’d rather be on the hill with the euro than the GFS or Canadian.  I think last year the euro seemed to be a bit cold a couple times. I agree it would be nice to see 3k NAM get colder at 18 and 0. 

I think CWGs map looks good to me.

True but...I don't want to be on a hill with only any one model. I think the days where one model would likely score a huge coup vs all the others at short range has passed.  The euro is still king but it's a constitutional monarchy now and the legislature has most of the real authority.   

There was a time when it was smart to just ride the euro even against all else. Not anymore. But that said the mesos are close enough that a 1 degree colder trend puts us in line with the euro so tonight is big. If the euro is right you would think some of the high res guidance would see it by then. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic