Total Members
    Most Online
    Mary M
    Newest Member
    Mary M

July 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Just missing me about 8-10 miles north.

Missed me by 1 to 2 miles to the south. Lots of thuinder and right near the edge of the dark clouds. Frustrating to have the storm that close and miss it.

Over 1" of rain in 15 minutes at station west shore si...couple miles east just 0.10".
we had a trace down here on the south shore til the skies opened up 5 minutes ago.

Pitch black near old bridge, areas to my north and over SI must be getting slammed.
It's insane. I'm sitting in my mailtruck with 4 blocks still to deliver in the Arden Heights section. Its been thundering and lightning non stop for the last 40 minutes and absolutely pouring buckets for the last 15.

2 minutes ago, SI Mailman said:
9 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:
Pitch black near old bridge, areas to my north and over SI must be getting slammed.

It's insane. I'm sitting in my mailtruck with 4 blocks still to deliver in the Arden Heights section. Its been thundering and lightning non stop for the last 40 minutes and absolutely pouring buckets for the last 15.

Power out in Travis.

SI mesonet 1.16 and a recent gust to 43 mph. 5 minutes later 1.62 and gusting to 49 mph.

Left Staten Island about 30 minutes before this all happened, glad I did. Traffic was absolutely horrid and likely much worse by now.

0500 PM     TSTM WND DMG     HEARTLAND VILLAGE       40.59N  74.17W
07/27/2018                   RICHMOND           NY   EMERGENCY MNGR

MULTIPLE REPORTS OF DOWN POWER LINES THROUGHOUT THE
            ENTIRE COUNTY OF RICHMOND.

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:
0500 PM     TSTM WND DMG     HEARTLAND VILLAGE       40.59N  74.17W
07/27/2018                   RICHMOND           NY   EMERGENCY MNGR

MULTIPLE REPORTS OF DOWN POWER LINES THROUGHOUT THE
            ENTIRE COUNTY OF RICHMOND.

Yeah no power here...

2 minutes ago, doncat said:

Yeah no power here...

The high wind sig from the NYC TDWR over SI was one of the strongest I have seen in a while. There also may have been a hail core.

6 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Left Staten Island about 30 minutes before this all happened, glad I did. Traffic was absolutely horrid and likely much worse by now.

watched this one develop and it really blew up enough to effect me near my house...the temp dropped 15 degrees so far... traffic is always bad here...40 years ago you could drive over the bridge and through Staten Island in ten minutes...now it takes over a half hour on a good Friday evening...

8 minutes ago, uncle W said:

watched this one develop and it really blew up enough to effect me near my house...the temp dropped 15 degrees so far... traffic is always bad here...40 years ago you could drive over the bridge and through Staten Island in ten minutes...now it takes over a half hour on a good Friday evening...

Best storm I've seen in awhile...Im not at my station right now but had 1.39" of rain in about 15 minutes before power went out...Best lightning and thunder in awhile also.

People in kayaks in Carteret right now. This flooding is as bad as I have seen here. And I have raw sewage in my basement so, good times.

• Like 1